News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 2016 (i7, 256 GB, QHD+) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 02, 2015, 19:00:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Pixel monster. Following the FHD version, we are now testing Dell's new XPS 13 with a QHD Infinity screen alongside Skylake Core i7. Will higher image pleasure and more power be at the expense of battery life?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-2016-i7-256-GB-QHD-Notebook-Review.155081.0.html

Blebbub

zacsaturday

Quote from: Blebbub on December 02, 2015, 21:50:29
Good jon on reviewing everything but the xps 15. Still waiting...

Same, waiting for XPS 15 or Alienware 17 R3 (Alienware 15 R2 already reviewed)

Jinnk

The new NVME SSD prevent the CPU from entering a higher C-state, which drains more battery than it should have. A new BIOS update is about to fix this issue and increase the battery life dramatically!!!

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/dell-xps-13-battery-life-fix

keke1

In the review it was written "i7 owners clearly are at a disadvantage in terms of battery life; the Wi-Fi test stopped 35% earlier than with the i5 model (~ 118 minutes)."

I suppose this is not the case if the both models are running the same display? I am curious what would be the difference in battery life if have fhd i7-6500u and fhd i5-6200u?

olix

1. Can you more comment the fan policy depending on the Passive/active + Thermal mode settings?
2. In which modes is turbo permitted (in mine Ivy bridge QM Turbo can engage only in High perf or Standard).
3. How the frequencies develop? Is the turbo active immediatly? In mine it takes one minute to Turbo to start acting when switching performance profiles
4. which frequencies are common in some modes? idle, low load(scrolling, playing, typing), constant load (100% load of at least one core).

james2091

I can't seem to install the .ICM profile on my i7 XPS 13. Nothing happens when I double click on the file. Even through Windows 10's Color Management panel I am unable to add the profile. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview