News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

XMG P505 WLAN and all video outputs NOT working

Started by Teaxy, November 03, 2015, 19:51:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Teaxy

I bought a SCHENKER XMG P505-6OH with a 5700HQ, gtx 970m, 500GB m.2 samsung 850 evo ssd, 1 x 8GB crucial ram and intel 7625 wifi.
That was yesterday, the 2nd of November.
I quickly set up windows 8.1 on it (came with dos) and everything was working just fine. I noticed that there was no wlan but i didn't install the drivers yet so i thought nothing of it. I then proceeded to install all the drivers from the included cd (using an external cd reader) and it went well until i got to wlan, where i got an error message saying that no wlan module was detected. I quickly checked the box to make sure i got a wlan module included and i did, the intel 7625. That was when it started to go downhill. I inserted an ethernet cable and i got to the internet. I then proceeded to install the win 8.1 drivers from the official website. They installed, but that didn't fix it. So i just decided to roll with it and attached it to my monitor via mDP to DP. Sadly, i got no signal, literally, the error message on the monitor was 'no signal' which is different to when no cable is plugged in where the error message says 'no cable connected' so it definitely detects the cable. I then proceeded to install all the latest nvidia and intel graphics drivers. Still nothing.

Today, after school, i went to the shop i bought it from (cyberport) and told them about the problem. Not only did all what i just mentioned not work, there also seemed to be a small bulge at the back of the laptop (i never opened it). After deleting windows i proceeded to get a replacement unit, the one i am typing on right now, and it has the exact same problems: no mDP or HDMI out (just tried HDMI today, same error). Of course i tried the mDP with my brothers MSI laptop and it worked just fine with both DP capable monitors we own so it is definitely the laptop.

Now i am stuck with having to go back and argue with the manager of the store to get a refund, which might not even happen as they may blame it on me and today one of the it guys tried to pin the problem on a faulty windows install....lol (i tried with win 7 home prem and windows 8.1).

There must be something wrong with this lineup of laptops. Never have i had such problems. I hope you can help me fix this otherwise i will end up going back and buying an MSI, which i would not like to do as XMG is known to have freat customer service and warranty unlike MSI.

Many thanks,
Michael

XMG Community

Hi Michael,

I see you contacted our e-mail support already and the problem is solved: the BIOS on both Broadwell-based machines only supported Win10 so everything was fixed after upgrading from Win8.1 to Win10.

Sorry for the trouble!
Schenker Technologies GmbH
// Firmenaccount für PR & Communitypflege
Technical Support
Mo-Fr 8-18 | Sa 9-14 // Tel.: +49 341 246704-0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview