News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Notebookcheck's Top 10 Workstation Notebooks

Started by Redaktion, September 16, 2015, 11:07:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

September 2015 update. Top 10 Workstation laptops with professional graphics cards reviewed by Notebookcheck

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Notebookcheck-s-Top-10-Workstation-Notebooks.65537.0.html

Ticu Isari

10 yers ago, My ideea was to replace my descktop workstation  with a laptop mobile workstation. I built my descktop and was perfect. I was the first in Canada and US with blu ray for wedings video. An technician fron Canada Computers tell me to stay away from HP and to buy a Lenovo mobile workstation, but the only workstaion was HP Elitte Book ($3.200). I bought this laptop from Direct Dial. I tested the videocard and FAILED. "Direct Dial" replace the laptop with another brand new. Video card Failed again, and I returned to my descktop. 2 yers ago, my deram to work with mobile workstation was comming again, and I bought from B&H Z Book 17 ($2,300). This laptop was out of work from the begining. HP, after 30 days, replace all in this Z Book, only the case was original. HP replaced the laptop with a new, but was out of work. Again they changed all (CPU, motherbord- 4 times- videocard-3 times- HDD, LCD, Fan, etc.). The computer was down after 3 days. HP was also in my house and they replace the defective computer with a REFURBISHED G2. The computer was DOWN after one day. They replace the motherbord again. After replaced the motherbord and videocard HP Z Book G2 17 was also down. They replace the computer with an another G2 HP. Also down. Mss Fontana from HP, send to me another HP, number 5 and after 3 days was DOWN. HP came to my house and replace the mother board, but the computer again was down. What can I do? I remember tech. advise of a good technician from Canada Computers: "Do not buy an HP". Hp now want to send me another REFURBISHED ZBook, to repet my history again. I bought an Lenovo P50 to replace for my work with an new workstation, and I can not belive (case at Lenovo), Motherbord is Failed, and they want to replace the motherbord!!!??? I return to B&H the laptop to be replaced. I hope will be good, I hope. Tell me: What can I do? Whay the company who built this mobile workstations take my money? I am a good videographer, and I know the computers software and hardware, but now I am out of my work, cause I read your considerations about mobile workstation. I see now, the first is Lenovo P70!? It was number 7 on your site. Now it is the first!? HP was the first!? OMG.

Tyler

What to do is figure out what you're doing to destroy these computers. I've owned more HP ZBooks than I can remember without having any problems at all. Also owned quite a few Dell Precisions and Apple Mac Book Pros. Problems are not uneard of, but relatively rare. Dozens of computers between those three brands. I'd say less than 5% had any defective hardware. Obviously there are defects and everyone's experience is different, but for you to have so many continual problems, it's more than coincidence. HP wouldn't be in business - much less an industry leader - if their quality was as bad as your experience suggests.

So, in short, you must be doing something, or have something in your environment, that is creating problems.

Ticu Isari

The story is true. I am film editor and I know all about computers. It is my work. First, after I received the laptop (temperature in my office is 21 grade Celsius, and very clean, no dust, etc.), connect to the UPS.
Second, opened the laptop and install windows 7 64 bit (workstation work), updates windows (2 KB, for updates), and drivers for Lenovo, MSI, MacBook Pro, ASUS, and HP and verify the sound for audio, and the sound from funs, and LCD display, and the video card, CPU, motherboard, the screw of laptop to see it is new.
3. Display from this laptops has issues, gray lights on black screen on the corners, dead pixels. Blue scree after updates, wrong sound, only one speaker on MSI ($2,700). Diagnostic HP, MSI, Lenovo, ASUS and MAC (not have), and the result is: FAILED, after 3 hours brand new!? I called the company for warranty, and they tell me: "Send the computer to us for repair). But is brand new, to repair? No I returned. I bought HP Book 17, after indications from this web, to be sure they tell the true. Bad for me and for my work. Bad 2 years. The staff from HP was in my house. Disaster. I see this staff, disaster. Finally, B&H return me $2,300. The laptop workstation is for work (Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro) not for internet email. This expensive software is not working on this laptops. I am videographer for "Red Cross Canada", "First Nation", etc. and I am good, but I cannot finished my work with this crap laptops. My advise for you, I founded 3 tv stations, is to buy from the factory direct, but after 2 or 3  months to verify all the issues.  MSI, $2,700, disaster, $2,700. HP, $2,300, the night of the mind, Lenovo, disaster, ASUS terrible. Read the reviews about this computers. My mistake was: I read the reviews after.

Leonardo Visentin

Ticu Isari

Leonardo,
Probably you tell us the true about housee from USA. By my DNA I am greek 100% ancestors, by mother line, more 45,000 years. Greeks build house from 4,000 yers, americans built house for 20 yers. If they do not build a house They can build a computer!?  I hope you understand this reply.
PS: Finally, I built a computer, a desktop. Best, good, normal. Lenovo, Dell, Asus, MSI, HP, Apple, are out of my mind. Hardwere and software this names are out of professionals, all.

Ednumero

Careful! The Eurocom Tornado F5W's offered "4K" panel is RG/BW and not true 4K. You guys need to do a better job of recognizing this and pointing it out. https://www.notebookcheck.net/Faux-K-Make-Sure-Your-Next-4K-Laptop-is-Actually-4K.289242.0.html

Gary

Come on... be honest... these workstation machines are just manufacturers scams to drain corporate money from uniformed executives on status trips..

No disconcerning buyer would waste their money on these poor bang for bucks machines with intangible benefits...

Global Nettech

Great information. Truly these are the high performance and reliable workstation notebooks or mobile workstations. Quality feature high-performing Windows 8, branded components from Dell Latitude, HP UltraBook, Lenovo Thinkpad to give you extra piece of mind.  Thanks for sharing.

Michael Beijer

Any idea when someone will review the new ThinkPad P73? Am considering getting one (for work) to replace my old Precision M6800, but can't find any reviews yet at all.

Michael

Nodir

When will this top list be updated?
Also, why isn't Precision 7730 in the 1st place since it's newer and has the same score as P71?
I remember before that, in the same situation, the newer contender with the same score went to top.

Alos

Where is ASUS Studiobook ProX W730 in this comparison ? 
It is level higher than Lenovo etc.

Ticu Isari

"Top 10...". You, are out of mind with this "top". Non professional. Where is P53, P73 was the first. Corruption. HP is good!?

Mark D

How you guys at NoteBookCheck.net forgot to include the Toshiba Tecra W50-A in your Top 10 list is really beyond me. Especially since you have already given it a really, really good review. Makes you guys look really incompetent. I own two of them and can vouch for it first hand.  It's a superior mobile workstation that's been HALT tested.  In all probability it is superior to all of the others on your list.  You also forgot to include the Fujitsu Celsius H730, which you also gave a very good review.  Seems like someone is not doing their job at Notebookcheck.net.   

Benjamin Herzig

Quote from: Mark D on December 03, 2022, 10:26:22How you guys at NoteBookCheck.net forgot to include the Toshiba Tecra W50-A in your Top 10 list is really beyond me.
Why?

The list clearly states "The table above contains an overview over the best portable workstation laptops reviewed by Notebookcheck over the course of the past 12 months as well as still relevant and available older products"

You are talking about products that are 7 to 9 years old at this point. They are neither available nor relevant anymore, due to their lackluster performance compared with today's systems alone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview