News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro (VN7-591G-77A9) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, October 22, 2014, 07:21:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Black Nitro. Acer does not make any compromises in the configuration of its Aspire V15 Nitro. Buyers get a slim computer with very powerful hardware, an SSD, and IPS screen. The laptop is primarily aimed at gamers. However, the one or other non-gamer might also take a liking to the computer.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-V15-Nitro-VN7-591G-77A9-Notebook-Review.128435.0.html

Colton Totland

Looked into this model after your first Nitro review a couple weeks ago. Excellent work you guys.

Looks like a superb gaming computer with far better mobility than the V17, which means it can function as a work/classroom laptop as well. The sleek design fits in just about anywhere.

hstatsdjhs

Nice review, but could you clean the lens of your camera next time?  ;)

ropeladder

Thanks for the review. In the right bar you list the height as 31mm, but in the Case section you say it's 24mm. Is that excluding the lid?

mazash

In the previous Acer Aspire V17 Nitro (VN7-791G-759Q) review, it is said that the maintenance is very tricky.

In this review, everything sounds simple. Is it a different base unit ? Or does the author has a better perception of the choices made about the components' access ?

Chosp

" At the same time, the noise and temperature development are very much kept within limits", along with almost instant CPU throttling to idle speed (800Mhz) and a recommendation of not using it over your lap. I sense some bias on this article, do you?

Allen.Ngo

Quote from: ropeladder on October 22, 2014, 16:30:07
Thanks for the review. In the right bar you list the height as 31mm, but in the Case section you say it's 24mm. Is that excluding the lid?

24 mm is the correct height. We'll make the change, thanks

edpower

Acer has made some really good laptops, for example the C720P Touchscreen.. but Aspire V15 Nitro is not one of them.  /Ed from http://www.consumertop.com/best-laptop-guide/

Ced

OK, I'm gonna get this machine : one question, between the two models available in France, do you advise "16G DDR3 256GB SSD only" or "8G DDR3 60 GB SSD + 1To HDD" ? I'm a gamer, but I love silence... Will it make a real difference ?

suriya

zorgooo

Got this laptop 2 weeks, ... because of work i need Windows 7 ... everything is working (drivers) except touchpad, it's not possible to make synaptic running with options, so forgot about two fingers scrolling, one finger scrolling, etc. External mouse requied with W7 for now - hope acer or synaptic or somebody resolve this problem and make some driver for this touchpad.

Aaron

Looks like a great machine, Annoyingly Acer doesn't stock a UK version of this particular model.

wes farley

Great review as always, I'm very interested in another model of the v15 nitro, the 16gb ram version with the 256ssd.  VN7-591G-74SK.  How much of a difference would the hardware changes make?

eft

Does anyone know if it's possible to run this laptop with the lid closed and an external monitor while gaming, or does it require the lid to be open for cooling?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview