News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Toshiba Satellite P70-A-104 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, November 15, 2013, 22:10:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Premium Haswell. Full HD screen, Core i7 Haswell, GeForce GPU, Harman/Kardon sound system - appetizing. Can the Premium DTR deliver what it promises? Find out in the following review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Satellite-P70-A-104-Notebook.105357.0.html

Mark Taylor

I purchased a highly customized version of the Toshiba P70 laptop in Oct 2013.  One of the options I included was the Intel Dual Band AC-7260 wi-fi card.  During the two months I have had the computer, I have experienced constant wi fi drops.  It happens at home, at work, at restaurants and just about everywhere I have used it.  In trouble shooting the problem, I went to the Intel web site and discovered that the Intel Dual Band AC-7260 wi-fi adapter is not compatible with Windows 8.  This quote is from the Intel web site:The data reordering issue causes intermittent WiFi connection loss and application hangs on Windows 8* platforms.  I called Intel and they indicated that they have a partial fix, but it only works about half of the time.  Intel strongly recommend that I replace the wi fi card...but Toshiba is refusing to help.  They will only replace the card with another identical card, which will still be incompatible.  I have already wasted 5 hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue with no luck. So, Toshiba sold me a computer with a wireless card that is incompatible with the operating system....and they will not give me my money back or fix the problem.  The computer is useless as a business tool.  Buyer beware.

Attila

I reached the point when I am unable to work with windows 8.1 on this computer: USB ports fail, computer freeze, very slow stand-up. However, it is impossible to install Windows 7 as a fresh install. It hangs with the Starting Windows screen, although I downgraded all the drivers to windows 7, and upgraded the BIOS. Toshiba does not respond to my help request, even though the laptop is registered on their support page.

Don'tbuy

I had problems from the get go after purchasing this computer, barely lasts a year and is terrible. Fan constantly overheats and computer's processor is faulty. Did all the repairs under warranty but problems just kept coming. Avoid this and all Toshiba lap tops at all cost.

robert bott

this laptop sucks, don't buy from bankrupt Toshiba.  Its no wonder why they are in BK.  laptop doesn't start smoothly , takes a long time to start other problems.  I should've went with Dell but didn't since I had one but the fucking microphone didn't work.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview