News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Acer Aspire V5-573G-54208G50aii Notebook

Started by Redaktion, August 14, 2013, 23:55:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Is there any way to get this in the US?  Or one like it?  I can't find it anywhere without a QWERTZ (German) keyboard (You can see it also in the picture on the article).  I know I can swap the keys in windows, but I'd like a QWERTY keyboard (I can't stand the small left shift key).

Peter Saumur

Quote from: Stefano88 on August 17, 2013, 11:20:17
It's possibile mount a mSSD on mSATA port and install an Opereting System like Windows?

It comes preloaded with Windows 8. If you want to install Windows 7 (or other OS) then you will need either a download installation or will need to buy an external DVD burner/player - there isn't one on this model; unlike the cheaper brother with the same specs but less Ram, more HD space, etc.

sudipto debnath

i have also bought one from bangladesh with core i5 and gt 720m.it is very good.

empi

It has a free msata interface inside. I've already replaced the hdd with a ssd. If I want to dual-boot to windows will add later a msata ssd. The battery is non standard, li-polimer. So replacement should be found only from acer. Love the screen. Using it now with Ubuntu 12.13. The nvidia video card is not accesible by default in Ubuntu, need to install various stuff to make it work, and I do not bother.

hanshanzen

There's some discrepancy in the reported dimensions. In the text it says it's 2.7 cm high, while according to the spec list it's 2.075 cm high. Which one is it?

Pj Dano

Nexer

Just bought this and even though the screen is great the touchpad is a very difficult beast to get used to. It seems very sensitive when tracking yet when tapping to left click the pad sometimes doesn't register the tap. Also when using the buttons the cursor moves now and then making it difficult to be precise.
Another con is the right fan which has a distinct noise to it. It's like an electronic ticking that is always there. Even when idle you can hear the fan. Only when the airflow noise is sufficient loud the noise is camouflaged.

Donatas

Csanasz

I think this was a great purchase for gaming. In Hungary it costs only 595€.

Flaat

Im pretty sure there is a severe mistake in this article, it says its equipped with a 53Wh battery however it has a 3560mah battery wich would mean a 35Wh battery. I think the battery performance is also based on a 53Wh battery becuase its performance is very different from other reviews. There are actually quite a few reviews that complain about bad battery performance!

Pauldd

Quote from: James Baker on September 16, 2013, 07:52:11
As someone who owns the predecessor to this notebook the M5 (comes with a 640M) it has its ...

100% disagree to your M5 review.

I have it for 12 months now. I travel and work with it every day. I work on it in the office, on airports, in trains, I play games and watch movies in hotels in evenings.  I don't behave nice to it in general - I take it outside, dropped a bag with it etc - the only issue I had so far was crashed HDD which got repaired by Acer in 48hrs.

Acer M5 was exceptionally well built and sturdy. Don't judge by brand.

Vertigo

Very appealing specs for the price. Could someone who has this laptop comment on some things?

I'm interested in battery lifetime under working conditions(say, medium brightness, wifi on and working with MS Office).
Also, heat: would it be possible to keep this LAPtop on your LAP while doing work in the mentioned conditions? I'm not speaking about gaming, it'd get too hot for sure.
Lastly, the power button. It's on the left side towards the back and I'm concerned that it might be the cause of accidental shutting down or turning on when picking up or using in a cluttered environment. I'm also concerned that it will keep turning itself on when carried in a laptop case.

Akif

@Vertigo

I have the same laptop but without the full HD screen. Under said conditions I can get at least 8-9 hours of battery life, probably even more. I also changed the HDD to a SSD though, so I guess you would get around 6-7 hours with a full HD screen and a traditional HDD.

Unless you're gaming then the heat won't be a problem when you keep it on your lap.

Also, at least for me, pressing the power button puts the laptop into hibernation mode, so you don't have to be concerned about the laptop turning off accidentally. I also haven't experienced the laptop turning on by itself yet.

@hanshanzen

It's 2.075 cm.

Tharindu

Hi. I just want to know is there any extra place for put mssd drive in Acer Aspire V5-573G-54204G50aii.. My version is bit different than this..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview