News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus G501VW-FY081T Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, April 12, 2016, 19:43:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Compact gamer. The thin gaming notebook from Asus can convince with good features as well as measurements. Unusual for a gaming notebook is the lack of an Ethernet port, but the notebook has a Thunderbolt 3 port instead.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-G501VW-FY081T-Notebook-Review.163403.0.html

Vinh

I wonder why does the older model have lower FPS in many games compared to Acer Nitro. In a review in KitGuru (http://www.kitguru.net/laptops/leo-waldock/asus-rog-g501jw-laptop-review/), it pointed out that nVidia Optimus is the cause of this. This model has the same FPS in game as Acer Nitro, what is the cause of this then?

Jojo Kracko

Almost as thin and light as the MSI GS60 I bought in 2014 for under a grand.

Why oh why do you have to keep monkeying with the numeric keypad Asus?  Anyone who uses it is used to a double wide zero key.   Anyone who doesn't use it would be better off without it and with the keyboard centered.  Mac style.

Touch is crap and has no place on a laptop.

Matte screens rule on all computers that can be taken outside.

Vinh

I like the included numpad since I can control planes/helicopters in GTA with it. I'm sure it is needed for many games, and it can be used as dedicated macro keys for games and serious apps with a macro software (e.g AutohotKey). It makes this laptop a all-in-one portable gaming machine that has everything included in. Why making a thin, lightweight gaming machine but make users bring another external numpad keyboard?
Talk about not having to bring many external devices, why not including ethernet port? Wireless is suck for serious e-sport games, which 960M is more than enough.
Also, I think the keyboard is more suitable for FPS games than RTS games or Word because the keys are quite shallow so I don't have to press a long distance to register a key press for fast-pace scenes (a precious point for gaming membrane keyboard, unlike mechanical keyboards which don't require strong force to press the keys). I wish it had anti-ghosting feature.

JustAGuy

The Thunderbolt 3 port has an Ehternet protocol, so you can use an adapter with RJ-45 plug for wired connection.

Leif Tesorio

It is said that the 4k display is the same used in the Haswell version.
If this is true, the 4k version has a lower sRGB than the 1080p version.
Any comment?

Santhosh S

This doesnt have a ethernet port , how good is an usb 3 to ethernet adapter when compared to onboard ethernet port

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview