News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Zen 5 performance gain to be >40% "core for core" vs Zen 4 as IPC uplift in games and synthetic benchmarks leaks

Started by Redaktion, April 01, 2024, 09:18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD is reportedly releasing the Ryzen 9000 CPUs based on the Zen 5 architecture between April and June with potentially up to a 40% IPC uplift over Zen 4. According to the latest leak out of @All_The_Watts on Twitter, Zen 5 delivers, among other things, a 38% IPC improvement in Metro Exodus, meaning the Ryzen 9000 chips could be gaming beats.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Zen-5-performance-gain-to-be-40-core-for-core-vs-Zen-4-as-IPC-uplift-in-games-and-synthetic-benchmarks-leaks.821204.0.html

NikoB

Judging by the wild shortage of laptops with Zen4 and especially with Phoenix, which was introduced in the fall of 2022, we will have to wait for Zen5 in real mass models until 2027. What difference does it make to us what will happen in 2027? People need modern laptops here and now, not 3 years later. We are constantly fed breakfasts and promises that never correspond to reality.

Fierce.XT

Decision Making

Quote from: NikoB on April 01, 2024, 10:49:27What difference does it make to us
People need modern laptops here and now
We are constantly fed breakfasts and promises that never correspond to reality.

As long as you set your expectations alright, all is okay. I'm perfectly fine getting a laptop with a 2 year old 7840U chip in it for cheap in late 2024, then upgrading to zen 5 in 2027.

The difference it makes I guess is in consumer decision making. If these claims end up being true, you can bet AMD is gonna be pricing things accordingly. Whenever a company has a substantial lead over competition you can bet they'll always charge top dollar for it (e.g. RTX 4090).

I always usually go for the cheaper heavily discounted options anyway, so pretty happy this news seems to confirm that I can safely skip this gen for at least 3 years.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview