News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

UPS employee reported to have stolen Apple products worth millions

Started by Redaktion, March 23, 2024, 02:43:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Canadian UPS employee has been arrested for allegedly stealing 866 Apple products worth C$1.3 million from a logistics center and selling them online.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/UPS-employee-reported-to-have-stolen-Apple-products-worth-millions.816411.0.html

Ednumero

Wild.

However, this reads too much like a crime article on a standard news site than one that fits on Notebookcheck. The financial specifics of the use of the profits don't reveal anything technologically enlightening, and posting the name and background of an indivdual before a conviction comes across as in the same poor taste as the articles this resembles. Yes, an argument could be made that the confession makes it fair, but it isn't the type of information I come to this site for.

The scope of Notebookcheck has expanded considerably in the recent years to include phones, EVs, eBikes, AI/ML, space science, and more. It's largely welcomed, but this article is a bridge too far. It's a move too close to the general media I avoid for mental health (I suspect I'm not the only one), and too far from the technical media that originally drew in my interest.

Please continue to introduce new technical topics to this site, but consider what readers might expect it not to be.

NikoB

What did Thomas Dunning write almost 200 years ago?:
"...If turbulence and strife will bring a profit, it will freely encourage both..."

All owners of narrowly focused sites are gradually moving away from their core topics in an attempt to expand their audience by orders of magnitude, in order to receive more profit from advertising - this is business. Only multimillionaires out of altruistic motives can maintain highly specialized sites in their original form and purpose for a long time.
And as soon as large herds of visitors come, and with them big money, comes the fear of losing them and this is followed by censorship of the opinions of visitors. I have seen this hundreds of times in my life. It's always the same.

But have the world's multimillionaires and billionaires seen altruistic motives? I have never seen anything like this in my life...

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview