News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sparkle Intel Arc A380 Elf desktop graphics card review - What can you expect from Intel's 129-Euro budget GPU?

Started by Redaktion, March 21, 2024, 23:34:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

For those who dare to give Intel a chance as desktop GPU manufacturer, there is now the Intel Arc A380. For a relatively low purchase price, you get a small graphics card and 6 GB of VRAM, although you shouldn't expect too much in terms of gaming performance. We took a closer look at the performance of the affordable Intel graphics card, the Sparkle Arc A380 Elf, and analyzed it with numerous benchmarks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sparkle-Intel-Arc-A380-Elf-desktop-graphics-card-review-What-can-you-expect-from-Intel-s-129-Euro-budget-GPU.815691.0.html

George

So I'm guessing here that none of the PRIOR generation bottom end graphics cards were not even considered? I'd assume that a 1050/2050/3050 and even 4050 might be interesting to see against this card.

Then of course is the AMD 780M which generally is only found in AMD APU's but if a user is attempting to add some GPU HP to a Intel Powered system it might be worthwhile to point out what the AMD iGPU offering might perform against the bottom end Intel dGPU card.

Frankly unless one is constrained by a LAPTOP I can't imagine anyone purchasing a GPU card with <8GB of memory in 2024.

Ciro

This review is missing the AV1 piece, most people are buying to take the transcode workload off cpu/gpu while streaming, its perfect for that.
Quote from: George on March 22, 2024, 02:15:32So I'm guessing here that none of the PRIOR generation bottom end graphics cards were not even considered? I'd assume that a 1050/2050/3050 and even 4050 might be interesting to see against this card.

Then of course is the AMD 780M which generally is only found in AMD APU's but if a user is attempting to add some GPU HP to a Intel Powered system it might be worthwhile to point out what the AMD iGPU offering might perform against the bottom end Intel dGPU card.
You can find various comparisons, difference is in price and availability, the 2050/4050 has never been released to desktop but it would be a very different class of card (4050 rumored to draw up to double the power, expect it to be 2x more expensive, 1650 is discontinued but was effectively the 2050). The 1650 and 1050 draw 75W and are fair comparisons (as prices used should be same or cheaper). Arc beats both in terms of modernity and accelerators. Arc sweeps the 1050, even 1050 TI handily. Arc vs 1650, the Arc wins in synthetics, and on gaming it is mixed with arc generally winning, some games performance is matched.

Nvidia has abandoned the low end low price segment[ low margin high volume products]. Nvidia have their A100 AI solution to sell at Tens of thousand of dollars, better to sell a couple thousand of those than millions of these to make your Revenue, and it has worked out well for them, but the last true bottom GPU they released was the GT 1010 which was a garbage cut down GT 1030, I am glad iGPU are eliminating this market, the A310 is an interesting fill in but the A380 at such a similar price, I would always choose it over the A310.

As for the 780M vs Arc A380, arc also generally wins (Dedicated memory helping boost the gaming performance, synthetic they are fairly well matched)

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview