News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI Claw gaming handheld with Intel Core Ultra 5 becomes available for pre-order

Started by Redaktion, March 03, 2024, 06:32:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MSI Claw made its debut as the first gaming handheld device with Intel Meteor Lake CPUs. With the Intel Arc iGPU, the new processors make the device stand as a proper competitor against the ones featuring AMD APUs with Radeon 780M integrated graphics. The handheld with Intel Core Ultra 5 135H is now available for pre-order in the US.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-Claw-gaming-handheld-with-Intel-Core-Ultra-5-becomes-available-for-pre-order.809467.0.html

JUAN_pcbox

Tests are already being done in China and these Intel processors are being a disappointment, they do not surpass the AMD Legion Go with an AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme and the Asus ROG Ally, which both have AMD Zen 4 + RDNA 3.
The performance consumption per watt gives a great superiority to AMD of more than 50% and the RDNA 3 graphics is almost 20% superior to Intel.
The MSI Claw console with Intel Core Ultra 5 and 7 is stillborn unless the Intel price drops a lot, which is impossible.
New AMD APUs are expected with RDNA 3.5 that triples the graphics power, AMD is reaching very good levels in integrated graphics and even more with the new FSR 3.0 drivers

lmao

Quote from: JUAN_pcbox on March 03, 2024, 12:11:53Go with an
every producer will switch to whatever is easier to get, and it's intel, because their production rate is huge and they always have stock, while to get amd you have to order them way in advance and shipment is not guaranteed.
amd almost care about consumer market and its volumes, they are focused on their fight for server market and their consumer chips are a bastard child of threadripper r&d and production, which have #1 priority in everything.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: JUAN_pcbox on March 03, 2024, 12:11:53New AMD APUs are expected with RDNA 3.5 that triples the graphics power, AMD is reaching very good levels in integrated graphics and even more with the new FSR 3.0 drivers

I'm sure you're referring to Strix Halo. Very powerful, but I wouldn't expect to see it in handhelds, with the possible exception of rumored 6/8-core variants with closer to 20 CUs. If it can retain the 256-bit bus, it's interesting.

George

The TWO areas to compete on are price & performance.

IMHO: unless some HEAVY discounts are involved the MSI Claw will not be able to compete on price (and given the more expensive Intel hardware it won't be able to).

Given that it is likely that the MSI Claw will at best provide equal performance (which is not very likely when run time/battery life is factored in) and likely will not measure up performance wise, "price" won't be an issue as nobody would consider it anyway.

I'd consider ANY team Blue effort in the portable space DOA.

Dan6

DoA for me. MSI's "quality" meets Intel's "performance" per watt.. I couldn't imaging worse gaming handheld..

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview