News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Blood pressure, blood sugar and ECG: Background and review of the iHEAL 6 - A potential health hazard

Started by Redaktion, February 26, 2024, 12:32:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Modern smartwatches can measure a whole variety of parameters—the Kospet iHEAL 6 can apparently also detect your blood sugar level and blood pressure. We have taken a look at the background of these measurements, while also checking their accuracy compared to medical devices.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Blood-pressure-blood-sugar-and-ECG-Background-and-review-of-the-iHEAL-6-A-potential-health-hazard.807154.0.html

Li

Thank you for the review.

It would be GREAT if NBC could test a few other devices this way - at least w.r.t. blood pressure, but especially blood glucose levels on devices that brag about it - like popular (and allegedly good) Polar or cheap Media-Tech watches, or, starting from whichever Galaxy Watch and/or iWatch you have.

From the systematic point of view, I think at least 10 measurements (with some idle time between them) for every parameter - or, say, like 5+ (maybe at least 2-3 for invasive tests like blood glucose, it could follow ordinary times the patient does it) for both healthy and unhealthy range - would be much more proper and trustworthy. I'm not sure what to think when I see just 2 measurements of blood glucose level, especially when "Dexcom" and "Measurement strips" reference measurements differ by more than norm required deviation. While this is probably fine - one result too high, one too low, both within allowed deviation - we can't see it because there is no even basic statistic to back it up or to say one of the measurements was an obvious outlier.

lmao

just look at the back of them, only two light sources and two fake ecg pads
compare it to watch that actually do measure stuff

George

This write up did not surprise me at all. :)

A non-intrusive blood glucose measurement has been the 'holly grail' that a number of companies have invested countless $$$ into cracking.

Disclaimer: Ok, I'll admit to having purchased a number of different FEATURE watches that have been highlighted on this website.

I'll refer to them as FEATURE watches as IMHO to be "SMART" involves the user being able to ADD/REMOVE programs/features or AT LEAST have a high level of customization of the existing features the device has.

Being able to install countless 'watch faces' to display does NOT make a device "smart".

BTW: I should mention that ONE feature watch that CLAIMS to be able to measure blood sugar IS SEEMINGLY ABLE to detect when I ingest food/drink as whatever number(s) it was displaying before eating/drinking becomes a BIGGER/LARGER number afterwards. :)

Of course whatever before/after numbers that were displayed likely have no relation to any actual SCALE other than whatever its own internal one is.

Anthony

Omnipod make insulin pumps, not blood glucose monitor. I know  I use them. You can't have used an Omnipod 5 in the tests.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview