News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GTA 6: New AI patent could make fans long-held wish come true

Started by Redaktion, February 02, 2024, 16:04:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

GTA 6 is set to establish new standards in the gaming cosmos. The developers have already secured new AI patents that could make one of the biggest fan wishes come true.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GTA-6-New-AI-patent-could-make-fans-long-held-wish-come-true.799661.0.html

Papsy

The augmentation of the NPCs' in general was an area I personally thought these Machine learning and 'A.I' stuffs could have help..and look it's seeming to be a reality, the added interior building is a cherry on top !

Seandfghdfgh

Eh idk looks like procedural generation w fancy words, so the generic aspect is going to kill it really, take starfields procgen planets for an example, and it's use of generic interiors in many places, it's booooring. People who want to enter every building forget that IRL you can't do that for obvious reasons, so that's also immersion breaking in games too. Child like mentality is very strong in gamers. NPC behavior in the open world is the best thing this could be used for, including driving, police behavior and such. This will be a GAAS really, series is over and right at where COD was post the classics to the GAAS online junk that makes a lot of money but is soulless garbage. The formula of crime sim is static and stale.

DukeSpookEm

I totally agree with your sentiment seandhg... Even in the realm of NPCs I don't really forsee it helping a tremendous amount unless there's something along that chain that's doing all the inference lifting for NPCs to have conversational and reactionary dialogue and context appropriate animations better than the traditional ways of doing that. I'm probably way off there but that's what my guy and limited knowledge is telling me. If I'm wrong tell me how I am so I can learn from my mistake.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview