News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First AMD Ryzen Z1 mini-PC showcased with Ryzen Z1 Extreme model also planned

Started by Redaktion, November 28, 2023, 16:26:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

NikoB

Absolutely stupid and pointless "review".

For a miniPC, the key parameter is the noise level in typical office use/surfing and general heating of the power circuit (which directly affects the life of the device), as in laptops, during normal operation under a load of less than 50%.

Such devices have a maximum of ports (USB40/TB4 outputs is mandatory) and the maximum possible use of SoC resources is key after noise. After all, it will be impossible to expand their capabilities.

Games on such devices are a priori stupid thing to do. The purpose of such devices is to pair with a large monitor not for gaming, but for work with easy portability and switching with minimal noise.

Why people buy such crap for games is beyond me. As well as playing on "gaming" laptops - in both cases this is a deliberately stupid and uncomfortable activity.

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on November 28, 2023, 17:49:59Absolutely stupid and pointless "review".

For a miniPC, the key parameter is the noise level in typical office use/surfing...

...Games on such devices are a priori stupid thing to do. The purpose of such devices is to pair with a large monitor not for gaming, but for work with easy portability and switching with minimal noise.
The intention of this mini PC is gaming. Ryzen Z1 is used in Ally and Legion Go, both are primarily targeting games.

Quote from: NikoB on November 28, 2023, 17:49:59Why people buy such crap for games is beyond me. As well as playing on "gaming" laptops - in both cases this is a deliberately stupid and uncomfortable activity.
There are people who leave their room (and even house!) instead of being inside 24/7/365.

NikoB

Quote from: Neenyah on November 28, 2023, 17:57:16There are people who leave their room (and even house!) instead of being inside 24/7/365.
And where will you go with this? To the park on a bench? Will you take the monitor with you? And also a battery the size of a suitcase? +Keyboard and mouse of course?

Have you already ordered a truck for all this?

NikoB

People who are actually often outside or on the road buy smartphones or tablets, but not miniPCs. They are often bought by companies and banks for ordinary personnel. Hanging them on the back of the monitors, so that later it would be easier to carry and both devices would be independent if something happened.

At home, such devices have the right to life, only with absolutely quiet work in surfing and office work, plus a lot of ports and the ability to take it without RAM and disks (by purchasing everything yourself with much greater guarantees and much cheaper)

I would love to buy a miniPC like this if it was really quiet under average load, consumed 10-15W like laptops, and had a bunch of ports on the outside, squeezing everything possible out of the SoC.

But I don't see on it either optical SPDIF (for external DACs with a headphone amplifier in class A), or USB40/TB4, or DP/miniDP ports (so as not to bother with connecting to HDMI->DP or usb-c-DP ).

Well, unless it will be very cheap, but as the prices that I monitor out of the corner of my eye show, the prices for all these miniPCs with Zen4 Phoenix (for example) are such that it is easier for me to buy a full-featured laptop than this worthless garbage. They are asking for more than half the price of a decent laptop. In this case, the default configuration from the factory is almost immediately subject to write-off, i.e. just to the trash can (ram). Which increases the price of the minimally interesting 32GB/2TB even higher.

It should cost no more than $300 with Zen4 79(8)40HS for it to make any sense in the purchase.

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on November 28, 2023, 19:08:01
Quote from: Neenyah on November 28, 2023, 17:57:16There are people who leave their room (and even house!) instead of being inside 24/7/365.
And where will you go with this? To the park on a bench? Will you take the monitor with you? And also a battery the size of a suitcase? +Keyboard and mouse of course?

Have you already ordered a truck for all this?
Do I really need a truck for this? It's my Beelink, I just placed it literally in my pocket and went to my friend's place and we are about to play some Firewatch now on her 27" monitor 🤷�♂️

NikoB

Quote from: Neenyah on November 28, 2023, 19:31:02Do I really need a truck for this? It's my Beelink, I just placed it literally in my pocket and went to my friend's place and we are about to play some Firewatch now on her 27" monitor
Is your friend so poor that he doesn't have his own PC/laptop, but does have a 27" monitor?

Do you want me to help him?

-----
And who needs to get something really cheap - you can easily order a motherboard on X99 chipset from China + Xeon (Haswell level) with 16-18 cores + 16 GB of RAM (+ 2 more modules of 8 GB and there will be a 4-channel mode of 32 GB with the bandwidth of the memory controller, really, exactly like the 7945HX from 2023...)

All this together costs less than $80 + a good radiator with cooler another $50-60 (220W + 21-22dB under full load) + GTX1650 - $120-130 (maximum). + 450-500W power supply for $40-50 and case for $30-40. And still, even taking into account the cost of electricity, when used for 3 years, it will be more profitable than this stupid product at home.

At the same time, you are not limited in any way in choosing a video card. You can use at least 4060. Or something future and even more efficient.

A lot of people bought this and everyone is very happy. Thanks to the Chinese.

A

Quote from: NikoB on November 28, 2023, 19:35:34All this together costs less than $80 + a good radiator with cooler another $50-60 (220W + 21-22dB under full load) + GTX1650 - $120-130 (maximum). + 450-500W power supply for $40-50 and case for $30-40.
Best way to waste four hundred.

Quote from: NikoB on November 28, 2023, 19:35:34You can use at least 4060.
And then plug 4060 along with 1000/6000 Geekbench Haswell. Okay. Solid plan.

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on November 28, 2023, 19:35:34Is your friend so poor that he doesn't have his own PC/laptop, but does have a 27" monitor?

Do you want me to help him?
Perhaps because the game is in my Steam account, lol? She has a 7800X3D + 3080, no need to worry about her.

Quote from: NikoB on November 28, 2023, 19:35:34And who needs to get something really cheap - you can easily order a motherboard on X99 chipset from China + Xeon (Haswell level) with 16-18 cores
I get hardware according to my needs, I do not get hardware and then try to find its purpose. Good luck playing competitive CS2 on many slow cores in more than 20 fps.

Quote from: NikoB on November 28, 2023, 19:35:34At the same time, you are not limited in any way in choosing a video card. You can use at least 4060. Or something future and even more efficient.
I have 6800 XT and 3070 Ti, both are more than enough to push 400+ fps in CS2 at 1440p 240 Hz in comp settings when they reach easily 230 average in max preset.

Quote from: A on November 28, 2023, 19:43:14
Quote from: NikoB on November 28, 2023, 19:35:34You can use at least 4060.
And then plug 4060 along with 1000/6000 Geekbench Haswell. Okay. Solid plan.
😁👍

NikoB

Quote from: Neenyah on November 28, 2023, 19:44:59purpose. Good luck playing competitive CS2 on many slow cores in more than 20 fps.
I have 6800 XT and 3070 Ti, both are more than enough to push 400+ fps in CS2 at 1440p 240 Hz in comp settings.
I haven't laughed so much in a long time. 8 core Xeon 2667 3.2 GHz, it costs a penny. You can choose any one. Those who need to emulate a bunch of virtual machines are also very happy with 64GB RAM ECC (67GB/s) for mere pennies.

CS2 will give more than 120fps on this xeon with GTX1650. I don't know people who have better reactions, there are very few of them (and when I was among the top players, by the way, thanks to a very quick reaction and concentration). Moreover, the total input lag of your control loop. including your monitor is many times worse, let's bet?

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on November 28, 2023, 19:55:07
Quote from: Neenyah on November 28, 2023, 19:44:59purpose. Good luck playing competitive CS2 on many slow cores in more than 20 fps.
I have 6800 XT and 3070 Ti, both are more than enough to push 400+ fps in CS2 at 1440p 240 Hz in comp settings.
I haven't laughed so much in a long time. 8 core Xeon 2667 3.2 GHz, it costs a penny. You can choose any one. Those who need to emulate a bunch of virtual machines are also very happy with 64GB RAM ECC (67GB/s) for mere pennies.

CS2 will give more than 120fps on this xeon with GTX1650. I don't know people who have better reactions, there are very few of them (and when I was among the top players, by the way, thanks to a very quick reaction and concentration). Moreover, the total input lag of your control loop. including your monitor is many times worse, let's bet?
You really like to be dumb, don't you? That mentioned Xeon is solid 20% slower in single thread - the most important CPU spec for CS2 - than a Ryzen 3 3300X.

Here, 3300X + RX 7600, a GPU way more powerful (at minimum 2.2 times) than a 1650, and CS2 AT 1080p LOW is struggling to hold 120 fps and a stronger CPU than that Xeon is choking at 60%+ consistent CPU usage (so one core/thread is basically at 100% all the time). With that crap Xeon (+1650) you would be lucky to get 30 fps at best at 1440p with 4x MSAA. Won't even comment the rest because you are, as always, full of s***.

A

Come ooooon NikoB, don't give up yet, you can still play a card that 320p resolution in CS2 will be enough for him.
Or he just needs to cram more 4060s in.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview