News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple expected to launch MacBook Pros with OLED screens by 2026, followed by MacBook Air

Started by Redaktion, November 10, 2023, 18:59:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After Bloomberg's recent report on Apple's push towards adopting OLED for its iPad Pro lineup by 2025, new information obtained by MacRumors points towards the company's plan to update its MacBook Pro lineup with OLED screens by 2026, followed by the MacBook Air.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-expected-to-launch-MacBook-Pros-with-OLED-screens-by-2026-followed-by-MacBook-Air.767023.0.html

Neenyah

Didn't they "revolutionised" mini-LED, even intentionally skipped OLED just to push the mini-LED? And now... 🙃

Ish

Putting an OLED on a computer that is primarily used for productivity... truly a smooth brain move. Bravo. Will the warranty or AppleCare+ cover the inevitable burn-in? Or is this just part of Apple's planned obsolescence scheme to get people to buy new MBPs every 3-5 years when the screens start to look so terrible you can't stand looking at them?

Yes, OLEDs have improved, but they are still prone to burn-in and always will be. Anyone that tells you otherwise is an idiot. Reddit is full of morons who exclaim OLED burn-in is a thing of the past... when they've only had their OLED monitor for a few weeks or months... LMAO... "I've had my OLED three months and use it everyday! No burn-in here! OLED burn-in is overstated!"

Wouldn't touch an OLED unless the device is primarily used for gaming or watching content.

Neenyah

Ish, buddy, does Apple look to you like a company who cares about longevity of their products? I mean they solder all SSDs in all their laptops (and even "desktops"), so going full-OLED is no real surprise. If there was some even worse tech for panels to degrade faster than OLED but get similarly good image quality they would already be on it. How else to force people to upgrade every 1-3 years? (rhetorical question)

RobertJasiek

Bizarro_NikoB

Quote from: Neenyah on November 10, 2023, 23:16:08Ish, buddy, does Apple look to you like a company who cares about longevity of their products? I mean they solder all SSDs in all their laptops (and even "desktops"), so going full-OLED is no real surprise. If there was some even worse tech for panels to degrade faster than OLED but get similarly good image quality they would already be on it. How else to force people to upgrade every 1-3 years? (rhetorical question)

I'm surprised they haven't introduced "hardware as a service" and attempt to charge users every time they use their Mac. Like the old televisions in airports with coin slots on the side!

I probably shouldn't give them any ideas.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview