News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Core i9-14900K vs Ryzen 9 7950X3D gaming performance battle sees Intel chip take minimal lead per official leaked chart

Started by Redaktion, October 11, 2023, 12:04:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Intel Core i9-14900K gaming performance has leaked thanks to an official slide that depicts the CPU going toe to toe with the Ryzen 9 7950X3D. According to the leaked data, the Core i9-14900K is practically on par with the Ryzen 9 7950X3D as it loses to the AMD chip in some titles and wins in others.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Core-i9-14900K-vs-Ryzen-9-7950X3D-gaming-performance-battle-sees-Intel-chip-take-minimal-lead-per-official-leaked-chart.758497.0.html

RicoViking9000

Yes, the sky is blue. The i9 is not meant to be a gaming-focused chip, it's meant to be a productivity focused chip. From both intel and AMD, if you're just gaming, the right move would be to save a couple hundred with a lower-end offering like the 7600/7700(x) or 13600(k)

Pix

Quote from: RicoViking9000 on October 11, 2023, 16:31:56Yes, the sky is blue. The i9 is not meant to be a gaming-focused chip, it's meant to be a productivity focused chip. From both intel and AMD, if you're just gaming, the right move would be to save a couple hundred with a lower-end offering like the 7600/7700(x) or 13600(k)

Intel's own website makes it pretty darn clear that the Core i9 13900K is marketed toward gamers, and its marketing is full of language extolling its virtues as a gaming chip. I don't know why you think the 14900K is somehow going to be treated differently. While it was true that the original i9 series chips were treated as "productivity focused" and had lower single core performance (and thus gaming performance) in exchange for their higher core counts, this was only true for the HEDT parts using sockets and chipsets related to Intel's Xeon workstation, server, and datacenter division. For every i9 since the 9900K (and Intel's subsequent abandoning of the HEDT market) the i9 has represented the best gaming chip Intel could produce, with the highest and most aggressive boost clocks the silicon could reasonably be binned to obtain.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview