News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

4 of the world's most popular programming languages in 2023 according to IEEE and GitHub

Started by Redaktion, September 12, 2023, 22:48:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Python, Java, JavaScript, and C family members are the world's most widely used programming languages as of September 2023, according to the IEEE and GitHub, both rather reputable sources. The Rust language that is increasingly used by Microsoft is found closer to the bottom; PHP is not doing very well, either.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/4-of-the-world-s-most-popular-programming-languages-in-2023-according-to-IEEE-and-GitHub.748751.0.html

The Werewolf

"C, C++ and C# are mostly used to build software that will run on Windows machines."

Uhm... Linux is written in C/C++. That's the core of Android as well.
Run a game or mobile app that uses Unity? That's C#.
ASP.Net is 100% .Net/C# and runs on Linux.
And a lot of crossplatform apps are done in Xamarin, MAUI and Avalonia - all in .Net/C#.

JGraw

Avi

"According to GitHub"???
That's not GitHub, that's a private webpage hosted on github.io

AndreaZ

Quote from: The Werewolf on September 12, 2023, 23:29:07"C, C++ and C# are mostly used to build software that will run on Windows machines."

Uhm... Linux is written in C/C++. That's the core of Android as well.
Run a game or mobile app that uses Unity? That's C#.
ASP.Net is 100% .Net/C# and runs on Linux.
And a lot of crossplatform apps are done in Xamarin, MAUI and Avalonia - all in .Net/C#.
Linux is written strictly in C and C++ is forbidden, see Linus quotes about c++.

Anyway it's misleading to say that C# is in the C/C++ family.

Andreas Costa

QuoteLinux is written in C/C++

Who cares? Only weirdos install Linux on their personal machines. Don't ask me why, you know the answer. It starts with the long list of bugs and the poor driver support for most hardware.

Sеrgey

""That's not GitHub, that's a private webpage hosted on github.io"" - good point. Corrected. My apologies!

Vish

I think this article could use an overhaul with a better understanding of the programming languages discussed, their history and what they are actually used for predominantly to have them on the list.

DSyno

Quote from: Bizarro_NikoB on September 13, 2023, 23:17:34I miss the days when everything was Flash on the interweb. 

Nah. Go back a little further when everything was super slow Java amd Java applets.

Kadir

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview