News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Galaxy S24 Ultra tipped to launch with copious amounts of storage

Started by Redaktion, August 28, 2023, 15:34:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra could offer double the maximum storage compared to its predecessor. However, there is no word about a corresponding increase in memory with the higher-specced variants.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Galaxy-S24-Ultra-tipped-to-launch-with-copious-amounts-of-storage.744409.0.html

Mysel

If they added a micro sd card slot i might buy the S24.  Without an sd card scoot you may as well buy an iPhone.  I stopped buying galaxy phones when they stoped releasing phones with micro sd card slots.

YUKI93

Quote from: Mysel on August 29, 2023, 06:08:13If they added a micro sd card slot i might buy the S24.  Without an sd card scoot you may as well buy an iPhone.  I stopped buying galaxy phones when they stoped releasing phones with micro sd card slots.

I'm afraid Sony is your only choice for premium flagship phones with microSD card slot. I totally doubt Samsung will put it back, alongside the headphone jack, on the S24 series.

YUKI93

For S23 Ultra, you have to pay an extra $180 to get 2x internal storage capacity from 256 GB to 512 GB. I can easily get a SanDisk Extreme Pro 1TB microSD card for that price and easily have 4x extra storage in my pocket. Even the non-Pro SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD card is 25% less than the Pro version.

That's why I truly applaud Sony for still keeping the microSD card slot on their premium flagship phones. If I'm going to spend more than $1,000 on a smartphone, it should be a complete package. If I'm going to spend more money on wireless audio gear and cloud storage, I'd buy a midrange phone, not a flagship.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview