News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ASUS ROG Ally gains new features and bug fixes with August round of updates

Started by Redaktion, August 09, 2023, 16:40:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

ASUS is now offering two significant updates for the ROG Ally. Following on from last month's release of BIOS 323, ACSE v1.3.6 and MCU 311 make numerous improvements to ASUS' first gaming handheld, including a dead zone bug fix in desktop mode.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ASUS-ROG-Ally-gains-new-features-and-bug-fixes-with-August-round-of-updates.740070.0.html

Derek

It's only been a few months since release, but I'm glad to see that ASUS has been maintaining support for the Ally so far. They don't have the best support track record, so there was real risk of them leaving it as-launched forever.

Alan Bell

But still Asus remains silent on the wide spread  failures of the SD card reader & corruption of  sd cards, making them useless or in read only mode.

Eric lindsay

Just did update and sure enough now when I my sdcard in the entire system is nearly unusable as soon as I take the sdcard out everything is fine. Sd card works fine in any other device.

Didn't Asus say earlier that they were working on serious battery life optimizations, enabling a disable cpu cores option and had pretty much fixed the battery life woes on this device? Or was that just rumours/speculation?

I honestly do not get such devices or the hype that surrounds them. You could get an RTX 4000 laptop, run off the battery so it throttles the dgpu by 50% in games and it'd still give significantly better perf. than an rdna3 igpu while giving comparable battery life (1 hr).

A GTX 1060 from several years ago is still significantly faster than Phoenix. That after 2 years the battery life won't even last 30 min. Do owners of the ROG Ally realize this? If you gonna game tethered all day with wires and external peripheral, that defeats the entire purpose of a handheld/portable device.

The only positive thing I can say about this, is that it's cheap considering todays market pricing for portable devices? Even then, I'd call 300 (series s / switch pricing) cheap, not 699.

Massive portable gadget fan. But this isn't it, folks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview