News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Elon Musk is the main reason why Tesla Model 3 owners switch to other EV brands

Started by Redaktion, July 29, 2023, 20:12:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Even though the eccentric CEO was the most frequently cited reason for former Model 3 owners who have since switched to other brands, the vast majority of customers appears to be quite satisfied with their Tesla EV as indicated by a recently conducted Bloomberg study.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Elon-Musk-is-the-main-reason-why-Tesla-Model-3-owners-switch-to-other-EV-brands.737165.0.html

LaQuanda Jackson

Bloomberg is a political outlet owned by Democrat and Democratic Party donor Michael Bloomberg. Apart from smearing perceived political threats, no rational person would expect this media company to produce an objective analysis of its political opponents. Bloomberg doesn't have a single report covering the Biden family shenanigans but performs due diligence on purveying anti-Trump articles. And yet, the small number of those that accidentally see this hit piece are expected to take it seriously. Elon's fall from grace was when he eliminated the "Left's" occupation of Twitter. Unfortunately, even 242B can't protect you from your detractors.

Former Liberal

JoeBlack

Quote from: Former Liberal on July 30, 2023, 06:15:04I used to drive a Toyota Prius like every liberal, and now I drive a Tesla.
I was in a similar spot (without the political aftertaste) and I chose new PHEV. I do not care for Elon at all, but even through engine and cooling is better done on Model 3 + it has more room. The user interface, basic controls for drive, blinkers, no sensors for parking and other small little things pushed me away ... and Model 3 LR full specced is a lot cheaper and with almost instant delivery.

I really love the concept of Model 3, it's so compact, so efficient, nice to drive ... but I really do not have patience for non-intuitive controls or dealing with recalls.

hugh mungus

Quote from: LaQuanda Jackson on July 30, 2023, 05:35:31Bloomberg is a political outlet owned by Democrat and Democratic Party donor Michael Bloomberg. Apart from smearing perceived political threats, no rational person would expect this media company to produce an objective analysis of its political opponents. Bloomberg doesn't have a single report covering the Biden family shenanigans but performs due diligence on purveying anti-Trump articles. And yet, the small number of those that accidentally see this hit piece are expected to take it seriously. Elon's fall from grace was when he eliminated the "Left's" occupation of Twitter. Unfortunately, even 242B can't protect you from your detractors.

Nobody asked. Bloomberg, Musk, Trump, and Biden are all human refuse.

toto1234

So people are making changes in their lives, based on what somone wrote on the internet ?

Wow....

Chuck007

I'd have to say I was once one of those folk who saw nothing but good in America 20 years ago.

But then the Snowden leaks made me think otherwise.  No matter what side you align with, you're contending with numerous false news and propagating self division, meanwhile getting so riled up you are distracted from real world issues that are not beneficial for the future of the USA.   

I'm not saying other countries (and its media) are the true knights in shining armor, but the more I age (41 now), the more I see how full of crap governments and (in a way) humanity really is.  No matter how politicians try to make themselves look selfless, at the end, it's always the money that counts the most. 

Quote from: hugh mungus on July 30, 2023, 13:27:21
Quote from: LaQuanda Jackson on July 30, 2023, 05:35:31Bloomberg is a political outlet owned by Democrat and Democratic Party donor Michael Bloomberg. Apart from smearing perceived political threats, no rational person would expect this media company to produce an objective analysis of its political opponents. Bloomberg doesn't have a single report covering the Biden family shenanigans but performs due diligence on purveying anti-Trump articles. And yet, the small number of those that accidentally see this hit piece are expected to take it seriously. Elon's fall from grace was when he eliminated the "Left's" occupation of Twitter. Unfortunately, even 242B can't protect you from your detractors.

Nobody asked. Bloomberg, Musk, Trump, and Biden are all human refuse.

Daniel Ridenhour

I make my purchase decisions based on product, economics and need not politics. Someone who decides to sell their Tesla because of tweets or what the MSM says about them then they likely bought the tesla because the MSM told them thats what they should do.   Articles like this one will no doubt tell others to do the same thing.  Media today is often about manipulation, and there are many seeking to be manipulated.

Myself, my house is fully sustainable, off grid solar, well, septic.  My only utility is internet.  I didn't do it to save anything or be a good little liberal.  I did it because it made financial sense to do so.  The only way to control costs in retirement is not to have them.  Given the way prices on everything keep rising it wasn't a bad decision.  That said I drive an ICE engine pickup truck because thats what makes sense.  Electric vehicles by and large cant haul anything and their limitations in range and cost don't give me a tangible benefit.   I am shopping ebikes though because they make sense for short trips and I get SO MUCH more power from the sun daily than I can possibly use or store.

I wouldn't buy a Tesla before and still wouldn't.  The pickup is interesting but the cost doesnt make sense yet.   

All that said, while just about everything Musk has done 'fits' with progressive environmental causes for some reason he ends up being targeted as their enemy.  Likely due to him calling things out that they don't want questioned.  Months ago spaceX was being attacked to the point they could get nothing done...  he bought Twitter which moved the firestorm and let SpaceX get back to business while the haters focused on Twitter and in retaliation we got the campaign against musk and tesla, with the idea that if we cost tesla enough money then musk will give the left 'their' twitter back.   

Months from now it will be a different focus.  Its sad that politics has become such a manipulative business with so many moving parts.

Louis in Chicago

Tesla as a product has been groundbreaking.  Similarly, the Model T Ford was a breakthrough product that leveraged production efficiencies and brought the first affordable automobile to the masses. Both entrepreneurs became wildly wealthy and used their wealth to amplify a dark and personal bitterness, of paranoia, lies, and bigotry. Ford had few real competitors with similar scale and the reach of FoMoCo, but GM and Chrysler managed to grow because of consumers disdain for Henry FoMoCo managed to survive and thrive after Henry Ford exited the scene.  Henry Ford will always be remembered for the Dearborn Independent along with automation that drove down the price point of a new car.   Musk is going to remembered for many things.  Not least of which will be his inability to control his worst impulses, and the vial sewage that he has chosen to amplify as his personal brand.  There are alternative EV's to choose from with more arriving every day.  I will drive EV'S. We all will in a few years.  The brand that I will choose however, will need to reflect my values.  Tesla is no longer on that list.

MookieM

Musk has previously tweeted that he would not change even if it hurt sales. So don't expect him to.

Backcountry164

Dan C

Tesla got the EV revolution started. Kudos. But time to move on. Elon is a narcissistic distraction and until Tesla gets the gumption to relieve him of his post their business model will be sub-optimal. Im on my second electric car and neither is a Tesla. Competition eventually kills the leader!

Dequawn Jackson

And Bloomberg wants us to believe this tripe?  So go ahead, sell your Tesla and buy a BYD from communist China.  That's exactly what Bloomberg wants you to do.  When are people going to think for themselves again instead of listening to Marxist media outlets?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview