News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Strix G16 G614JZ laptop review: Clear the stage for the RTX 4080

Started by Redaktion, March 17, 2023, 20:10:15

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Ozzie_asxie on March 22, 2023, 07:10:55aren't almost all 240Hz panels more or less the same i.e. less than advertised?

OLED has one advantage: it can have very small display response times. So many OLED displays can deliver 240Hz or even more.

Ozzie_asxie

Quote from: RobertJasiek on March 22, 2023, 08:42:10
Quote from: Ozzie_asxie on March 22, 2023, 07:10:55aren't almost all 240Hz panels more or less the same i.e. less than advertised?

OLED has one advantage: it can have very small display response times. So many OLED displays can deliver 240Hz or even more.

Very good point but then we miss the G-sync feature in the currently available OLEDs in the market such as Raider GE67HX plus OLED laptops may not be the best choice if you always use ur laptop with an external gaming monitor as the OLED screen wouldn't then be refreshed as often + PVM flicker issues with those models etc.

Flo2

Quote from: Redaktion on March 17, 2023, 20:10:15
The ROG Strix G16 is the third Strix we've reviewed in a still-ripening 2023. Based on recent experience, the choice to downsize to a 16-inch model is a good one. We see that the 4080 fits perfectly between the RTX 4090 and RTX 4070. In the ROG Strix G16, the GeForce graphics card is finally able to show off its capabilities.

Hello, unfortunately Asus is not playing nice with Strix Laptops this year: it seems all reviewers did test Strix models with BIOS 306, but since then Asus quietly downgrade CPU with BIOS 308: max boost clock is now only 5.3GHz.

I did open a ticket with Asus Support but they didn't answer.
Your thoughts?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview