News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 6 review: Strong smartphone with long update cycle

Started by Redaktion, November 30, 2021, 23:30:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the Pixel 6, Google positions its flagship smartphone in the premium segment again; not only does it provide it with a unique design, but also with a completely redesigned camera setup, the first in-house chipset, and an enormously long update promise.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-6-review-Strong-smartphone-with-long-update-cycle.581970.0.html

Vlad

I've been using it and thoroughly enjoy it. I thought the screen would be too big, but it turned out alright for me. The camera is fantastic IMO.

There are cons though, as mentioned in the review. The battery life... is mediocre. The overheating... is sometimes annoying. The Tensor chip ultimately turned out to just be a repackaged Exynos, and isn't flagship grade.

Despite all the downsides... It's a $600 phone that has 5 years of security updates! In terms of price per year of usage, that's an amazing $120. Compare to Samsung, where the updates only last for 3 years.

The iPhone beats this one handily at everything except back camera, where IMO the Pixel wins. But the price doubles once you go to Apple.

PixelPapi

Will you do a review of the Pixel 6 Pro? I would like to know the pwm on that model.

Oleh

WantToHavePixel6a

Quote from: Vlad on December 01, 2021, 11:47:36I've been using it and thoroughly enjoy it. I thought the screen would be too big, but it turned out alright for me. The camera is fantastic IMO.

There are cons though, as mentioned in the review. The battery life... is mediocre. The overheating... is sometimes annoying. The Tensor chip ultimately turned out to just be a repackaged Exynos, and isn't flagship grade.

Despite all the downsides... It's a $600 phone that has 5 years of security updates! In terms of price per year of usage, that's an amazing $120. Compare to Samsung, where the updates only last for 3 years.

The iPhone beats this one handily at everything except back camera, where IMO the Pixel wins. But the price doubles once you go to Apple.

Although it was definitely true, now as the Galaxy A53 5G came out (not that long ago) it's not anymore. It has 5 years of security update and 4 major version of Android, so I'm definitely considering it alongside of Pixel 6a, especially as it's cheaper and has more breath in it (batter).

marten eggink

Please add:

no notification LED
and
with Android13 wireless charging does not function!!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview