News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad P16 G1 laptop review: A powerful, newly-designed HX55 workstation

Started by Redaktion, February 01, 2023, 16:57:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With its ThinkPad P workstation line, Lenovo has given the 2022 model a decent makeover: Instead of two models, there is now only a classic workstation in the form of the Lenovo ThinkPad P16 G1. It succeeds the ThinkPad P15 G2 and P17 G2.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P16-G1-laptop-review-A-powerful-newly-designed-HX55-workstation.688199.0.html

LL

"With the ThinkPad P16 Gen 1, Lenovo has made a big step away from having two, 15 and 17-inch workstations to just a single 16-inch model - a rare but welcome simplification of the lineup."

Ridiculous argument, 17 and 15 are sufficiently different. What about 13 and 14 and 14 and 15" ?

That is the major reason that Lenovo is out of my list for the future.

Ednumero

Quote17" and 15" are sufficiently different.
Fair. I do like that it's 16:10, and would rather see one 16" 16:10 option than two options 15.6" and 17.3" 16:9. A 17" 16:10 would definitely also be welcome, though.

kuro68k

I was put off buying an Intel Thinkpad because of the heat problems, but this machine seems acceptable and the expandability is fantastic. Shame they don't make a Ryzen version, or any decently expandable Ryzen Thinkpads.

I'm wondering how good the Intel ARC GPU option is too. AV1 encoding and more than enough power for CAD. I don't play games, I just want decent performance with 2x 4k monitors and mostly 2D CAD software.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview