News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dead Space Remake review: Laptop and desktop benchmarks

Started by Redaktion, February 01, 2023, 05:16:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Roughly 15 years after the original game, EA has now released a remake of its survival-horror classic. Read our technical review to find out whether the hardware requirements will make your skin crawl as well.  

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dead-Space-Remake-review-Laptop-and-desktop-benchmarks.688701.0.html

Räuber Hotz

QuoteBoth the Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7 and the AMD Radeon 680M got stuck loading the game and didn't even make it to the main menu.

You have to address more than 2gb to the iGPU in the BIOS. Then it works.

However - if your BIOS or iGPU software doesn't have an option to do that, you are out of luck.

Justauser1

Recently in your all benchmarks disappear graphics cards of entry middle and lower segment for example intel new dedicated cards or good old gtx1650 or higher 2050 or 3050 which all has 4gb of ram. So it is not understandable for me, cause all cards you test will run it smooth and there is no distinguishing difference between them for avatage user. Please make tests with more diverse set of graphics cards

Luminous

Was DLSS or FSR used in any of these results? or was it rendered natively. Also, if DLSS/FSR was used, what setting exactly was it? Quality/balanced/perfomance

Pooh Sheisty

Isnt this the remake that made all the previously normal toilets in the game to tranny friendly shared toilets? Such a minor and petty point, im tired of funding those poisoning our culture

S.Yu

I somehow assumed that it's gonna be poorly optimized, and...I seem to be right. The graphics look not radically improved compared to games ~3 years ago yet they tax even the latest graphic cards...didn't the original even run on mobile? I don't suppose an M1 iPP is gonna be able to run this, even a few years down the road?

Giuseppe Paglialunga

Io smattenando con la mia scheda sono riuscito ad arrivare a 100 fps quindi non so come mai queste schede che avete confrontato dove non c'è la mia diano scarsi risultati ovviamente se lasciate predefinite le impostazioni scheda è normale che non vada come previsto

Räuber Hotz

Quote from: S.Yu on February 01, 2023, 13:30:04I somehow assumed that it's gonna be poorly optimized, and...I seem to be right. The graphics look not radically improved compared to games ~3 years ago yet they tax even the latest graphic cards...

The advantage is: there is almost no difference between Low and Ultra settings. So you can play on Low and anjoy the same quality with higher FPS.

The only difference I saw in comparison videos is, that a few areas are absolutely "dark" (on Low) but "light" on Ultra. It looks more like a glitch than something on purpose, because even on Low settings you have dynamic lighting (which looks fine even without raytracing). It doesn't really make sense that an area is absolutely black. As this doesn't happen in medium settings, I assume it's only a single option that you can switch on afterwards. So a mix of Low and Medium will probably give you good graphics quality).

S.Yu

Quote from: Räuber Hotz on February 09, 2023, 09:39:21
Quote from: S.Yu on February 01, 2023, 13:30:04I somehow assumed that it's gonna be poorly optimized, and...I seem to be right. The graphics look not radically improved compared to games ~3 years ago yet they tax even the latest graphic cards...

The advantage is: there is almost no difference between Low and Ultra settings. So you can play on Low and anjoy the same quality with higher FPS.

The only difference I saw in comparison videos is, that a few areas are absolutely "dark" (on Low) but "light" on Ultra. It looks more like a glitch than something on purpose, because even on Low settings you have dynamic lighting (which looks fine even without raytracing). It doesn't really make sense that an area is absolutely black. As this doesn't happen in medium settings, I assume it's only a single option that you can switch on afterwards. So a mix of Low and Medium will probably give you good graphics quality).
So you're saying that low improved but improvements to higher settings are indistinguishable...interesting take.

Räuber Hotz

Quote from: S.Yu on February 16, 2023, 17:41:23So you're saying that low improved but improvements to higher settings are indistinguishable...interesting take.

Well, I saw it in comparison videos on Youtube. You can find thos videos easily.

But this has been the case for many games in the last couple of years: hardly any differences between the different quality settings. "Medium Quality" looked practically the same as "High" or "Ultra". And if you didn't search for the difference, you wouldn't notice it. I don't remember all the games where this happened, but it was quite a lot.

The biggest difference was mostly only in comparison to "Low Quality", but in the case of the Dead Space Remake I didn't even see many differences there.

S.Yu

Quote from: Räuber Hotz on February 16, 2023, 20:42:36
Quote from: S.Yu on February 16, 2023, 17:41:23So you're saying that low improved but improvements to higher settings are indistinguishable...interesting take.

Well, I saw it in comparison videos on Youtube. You can find thos videos easily.

But this has been the case for many games in the last couple of years: hardly any differences between the different quality settings. "Medium Quality" looked practically the same as "High" or "Ultra". And if you didn't search for the difference, you wouldn't notice it. I don't remember all the games where this happened, but it was quite a lot.

The biggest difference was mostly only in comparison to "Low Quality", but in the case of the Dead Space Remake I didn't even see many differences there.
Hmmm...that would make high end graphics a very hard sell, especially with the price hikes.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview