News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Pro 14 2023 in review: The M2 Pro is slowed down in the small MacBook Pro

Started by Redaktion, January 28, 2023, 20:03:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple has upgraded the MacBook Pro 14 and the new M2 Pro offers greater performance, and fast WLAN is finally supported. Overall, the MBP 14 is an excellent machine, but Apple has also put some brakes on the M2 Pro in the small MacBook Pro.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-14-2023-in-review-The-M2-Pro-is-slowed-down-in-the-small-MacBook-Pro.687345.0.html

Nicolas

Thanks for the review.

Is there any info on the pwm on lower brightness settings? Does it get worse the more you dim the screen?

Also, is there temporal dithering going on?

sya

I've noticed something, does they improve the respond time in this new model? because it shows better result than previous one. is this accurate? or just it tends to swing between the numbers.

macbook pro 14 m1

G/G is 58.4
B/W is 40.4

the new model macbook pro 14 m2

G/G is 35.2
B/W is 26.4

I hope these number is accurate.

Eric

70 watt-hours is capacity...not max wattage.  A 70 watt-hours battery can deliver over 100 watts power.

Nero1337

Are the response times actually improved compared to the m1 Pro version?

I'm unsure if the big differences in your measurements between the 14 and 16 inch last time were due to the fact it's hard to measure because of the PWM flicker, and I wonder if it's the same thing this time

NoForPWM

Super expensive laptop with PWM screen. No for me. I can buy much cheaper device which will be completely flicker free. Why Apple spends more attention to stupid emojis than their customers eye health.

rationalistfaith

Excellent review with fantastic pictures to boot! Especially the top aesthetic ones.
Apple's silicon seems to have lost its edge but I'm grateful it has pushed AMD/Intel to step up their
game even further.

Macbooks sadly are still not my thing aside from the slight overpricing aspect, the constraints and lack of customization puts me off. At this point is locked down to the firmware.

This is coming from someone that has a few hackintoshes.

Nitesh

Is that Libreoffice test not ludicrously faster than the competition? That can't be in an accelerated decode block I don't think, so what's the deal?

Ruoma

Quote from: NoForPWM on January 29, 2023, 10:49:13Super expensive laptop with PWM screen. No for me. I can buy much cheaper device which will be completely flicker free. Why Apple spends more attention to stupid emojis than their customers eye health.

Is there any MacBook that you can buy today that is eyestrain free? I've heard that m2 air should be good but some people say it still has pwm and definitely dithering.

Ashwin Campbell

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Ashwin Campbell on January 30, 2023, 05:19:52What the heck is Schenker? I searched online and all I could find were Sony Vaio laptops.

Schenker aka XMG aka Bestware: bestware.com

Alternative or related brands include Eluktronics www.eluktronics.com, Clevo clevo-computer.com, Tuxedo www.tuxedocomputers.com

Klaus Hinum

Quote from: sya on January 29, 2023, 02:58:33I've noticed something, does they improve the respond time in this new model? because it shows better result than previous one. is this accurate? or just it tends to swing between the numbers.
With the always used PWM, the response times are hard to measure. As we use a better osci compared to the M1 Pro review, the numbers should be more accurate. But look at the screenshots and judge for yourself.
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

ArsLoginName

Huh? Is something lost in translation? Author writes "The new MacBook Pro 14 also clearly outshines the AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX processor in the Razer Blade 14.". But in CB R15 the Ruben 9 6900HX beats the MB M2 Pro 14 by 10% and in CB R23, which is native for the MB M2 Pro 14, the 6900HX loses by only 4.5%. What gives?

Klaus Hinum

Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

Ice

Quote from: Ruoma on January 29, 2023, 21:42:03
Quote from: NoForPWM on January 29, 2023, 10:49:13Super expensive laptop with PWM screen. No for me. I can buy much cheaper device which will be completely flicker free. Why Apple spends more attention to stupid emojis than their customers eye health.

Is there any MacBook that you can buy today that is eyestrain free? I've heard that m2 air should be good but some people say it still has pwm and definitely dithering.

There is a reason why PWM is present, Dell XPS 15 or Latitude 9000-7000 or HP Zbook Studio Serie has no PWM on their Screen but the brightness is too high at 0 settings 32-36 cd/m²,(the exception is Laptops with OLED Panel) which makes it impossible to work at night or in low light room, (it can harm your eyes). I have Precision 5570, several XPS and Zbook Studio at work and I know. Macbook with 0 settings the brightness of the screen is only 2 cd/m² (means usable in all circumstances). I'm mostly a Windows user and now I have this Macbook.Usually people with glasses always need a brighter display when working on a laptop, that's because of eye problems.. at the moment there is no better display than the one on the Macbook. message to Notebookcheck, test the Display in all conditions, including in a dark room,For some maybe irrelevant details, but that's why Macbook pro makes it a special machine...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview