News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 5 IV review - Smartphone with individuality

Started by Redaktion, December 16, 2022, 15:48:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony has done many things differently on the Xperia 5 IV. The phone features an audio jack, a microSD card reader and a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 packed into a compact body. Has the Japanese company made the perfect smartphone?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-5-IV-review-Smartphone-with-individuality.674437.0.html

Mert K

Honestly I don't think %71 for the camera is fair. This is my first Xperia Mark phone, I was curious about more conventional approach to camera, and I'm already using Sony A7s, I wanted to see the capabilities of this thing. Although it is still a phone, it is really capable with cameras. Yes you have to take advantage of Manual controls and pro app, and shoot RAW. But then the images coming out of this phone are really really impressive. I don't think just using basic mode/point shoot results would justify the max potential of this device. Therefore I personally find many mainstream reviews about this phone a bit misleading. Having different opinions are totally fine, I just wanted to put this out there in case for people who may be interested in this device to consider a different point of view. You can also see some really good shots taken by it on xperia reddit

opticron

The only downside is that the Xperia 5 IV is significantly hindered in multitasking capability. Sony has once again misconfigured the low memory killer (LMKD) and it kills off actively playing media even when it's not necessary.

indy

Please dock ratings for products that don't ship timely security updates for the OS. This industry trend needs to be discouraged.

NikoB

Many people write that Sony has very buggy software. 12 MP in daylight is still not enough, at least 16 is needed.

And of course, instead of the damned AMOLED, need a version with IPS (with real contrast ~2000:1) without low-frequency PWM and with a much longer resource. Plus RGB LED alarm indicator.

Memory from 8GB and 512 SSD and a complete it with order for $1000. People will buy...

Update

You should of update the phone to 13 and then test it ...software update is out since few days ago.

Also I have 5 iv and browsing watching videos nothing gets hot i was afraid of these reviews before but i think it was over exaggerated for normal use which i can tell it is from my experience.

Android 13 update Is huge improvment in WiFi,not sure about battery but i am sure the update would affect things in this review probably thermal regulation too.

The only wierd thing i have with it is faulty compass sensor(wont calibrate at all) and i ve also seen
same reports around the net.

Bareback

Looks absolutely, 100% identical to *any* other phone on the market rn.
It's a black, elongated brick.
Where do you see "individuality"

NikoB

It has a camera on a separate block above the screen. So much for individuality among the current moronic options with a hole. Moreover, with a hole, it is even unrealistic to close the cameras with electrical tape for safety - the tape will be forced to cover the working area and will be like an eyesore. ))

VRT

I think you should also test WiFi performance when far away from the router. It was terrible in Android 12, better with 13 but not as good as other devices like the Pixel.

Nice review though!

mdsmlkq28

QuoteSony only offers the phone in one configuration (128 GB of storage and 8 GB of RAM)

I'm holding a 256 GB ROM/8 GB RAM version in my hands. It's the only way it's available in Asia I believe.

Quote from: indy on December 16, 2022, 23:18:14Please dock ratings for products that don't ship timely security updates for the OS. This industry trend needs to be discouraged.

I get a security update every first week of the month. Currently on the December 1, 2022 one. Where's the issue?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview