News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Core i7-1265U vs. Core i5-1250P: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 10 laptop review

Started by Redaktion, December 15, 2022, 03:43:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Core i7-1265U and Core i5-1250P SKUs cost about $1900 USD each and yet one option is significantly faster than the other. You might want to check out these benchmark comparisons if you're looking to maximize performance on your next ThinkPad X1 Carbon purchase.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Core-i7-1265U-vs-Core-i5-1250P-Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-Gen-10-laptop-review.673979.0.html

Poster

QuoteCompetitors to the ThinkPad X1 Carbon G10 include other high-end business subnotebooks like the Dell Latitude 7420, Asus ExpertBook B1, HP EliteBook 845 G9, or the MSI Summit series.

I don't get your comparison choices.
If the Thinkpad is Lenovo's top tier business notebook, why not compare it to the top tier business notebook of their competition?
So from Dell the latitude 9000 series and HP the 1000 series.

NikoB

In the description, again, the memory error is not 2133, but 5200.

The screen has an extremely low ppi, especially with a touchscreen, pixelation up close will be clearly visible. Moreover, it has a monstrous response time - it is extremely unpleasant to surf on such a screen, because. scrolling text will be a complete mess before your eyes, which increases the fatigue of the nervous system and it is impossible to watch 60fps video on this with guaranteed VSync - there will almost always be frame drops. Why they didn't install  a 144Hz screen with VRR(from 30fps) at least in the top series? What prevents using a high refresh rate on psu and minimal response. and slow response and brake 60Hz from the battery?

Again, the question is - PL1 is listed as a maximum of 24W. Where does the consumption of 55W in the load in sustained mode come from? There should be a maximum of no more than 37-40W in total. Then write separately and PL1 for igpu, in order to exclude the machinations of manufacturers with it.

Well, buying a laptop at the end of 2022 for crazy 1800 euros with ridiculous 16GB of soldered memory (and not the fastest because of the brake controller in the U series, which we already found out earlier) is simply ridiculous. When they put 18-20GB on smartphones. The minimum for this money should be 32GB, and preferably 64 at once, and a 2TB SSD at least from the factory. It's all worth a penny against the background of the total price is not clear why. If you add up the sum of all the components in retail, there is not enough for 1000 euros...

RobertJasiek

Quote from: NikoB on December 15, 2022, 12:22:44memory (and not the fastest because of the brake controller in the U series

I missed the related background information. Please explain!

NikoB

See mem throughput in notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-Slim-7i-Pro-X-laptop-review-Elegant-creative-laptop-with-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX.672828.0.html
with 12700H. Top speed from 80Gb/s.

Dorby

"Our Core i7-1265U unit is more demanding than our Core i5-1250P unit by about 40 to 80 percent when running higher loads..."

This shows that Lenovo messed up big time with tuning power limits. An unsuspecting layman would equate U-CPU (10-15W sustained) to have longer battery life  and P-CPU (30W sustained) to provide more multi-threaded boost when needed while being less power efficient.

Imagine ordering a bunch of $2000+ 4K OLED X1 Carbons with 1265U chip for your top employees who need long runtimes on the go, only to realize that battery caps out at ~3 hours max.

NikoB

Quote from: Dorby on December 18, 2022, 18:26:39"Our Core i7-1265U unit is more demanding than our Core i5-1250P unit by about 40 to 80 percent when running higher loads..."

This shows that Lenovo messed up big time with tuning power limits. An unsuspecting layman would equate U-CPU (10-15W sustained) to have longer battery life  and P-CPU (30W sustained) to provide more multi-threaded boost when needed while being less power efficient.

Imagine ordering a bunch of $2000+ 4K OLED X1 Carbons with 1265U chip for your top employees who need long runtimes on the go, only to realize that battery caps out at ~3 hours max.
Imagine, there are good experts sitting there who have the right to purchase any model for testing. So no one will buy anything, not knowing exactly what they are dealing with (unless, of course, these employees are on the rollback from manufacturers, which most often happens).

It's us, ordinary people, who get out as best we can, well, except for multimillionaires who can simply buy the entire latest lineup at one time, and then sell what they don't need at a discount. ;)

Medium and large companies buying in bulk do not have this problem. How naive...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview