News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G3 review: Business laptop is better with AMD Ryzen Pro

Started by Redaktion, September 26, 2022, 14:26:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has completely redesigned the popular ThinkPad T14 G3 business notebook and deploys a new case together with a 16:10 display, but the keyboard is once again slightly inferior. The new AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 6850U offers plenty of CPU power as well as a fast integrated GPU, ensuring a very efficient laptop overall.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14-G3-review-Business-laptop-is-better-with-AMD-Ryzen-Pro.657465.0.html

NikoB

psref:
QuoteUSB-C supports up to 4K@60Hz (4 displays output),  5K@60Hz (3 displays output) or 5K@120Hz (up to 2 displays output)

Memory controller of Zen3+ is bad or again bad tuning in bios. Ram too slow vs Alder Lake.

QuoteKontrast: 2148:1
This is not possible without a glossy screen (and for glossy it then at the limit of the possible). For matte, this is a clear fake(mistake) in the data.

Well, the panel itself is very slow in response. Even surfing on it will be unpleasant at the time of scrolling.

It's good that the exhaust is on the right - you can warm your hands in winter, since 52C, if the exhaust was on the screen, could potentially ruin the panel.

Again, funny 16GB of soldered memory (and that in business class) for almost $1900? Just monstrous greed from Lenovo for 2022. Why not 32-64GB? A 32GB module costs $100-150...

The funny thing is that there is a 4k screen as an option. And where it is needed most in the 16" model - it is not there. How to understand this, Lenovo?

We should compare this version with the same version on Intel with i7 1280p...

Pascal76

I own this PC.
I like it but the bluetooth does not work (it disappears suddently quite often... you have to reboot)
This impacts this device and some other ones using the AMD CPU (X13, T14s)
I also had a wake up issue and a flickering issue (just once).
I hope all that will be fixed.

Indycat

> I own this PC.

This is my computer. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My computer is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My computer, without me, is useless. Without my computer, I am useless. I must use my computer true.

My computer is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its inputs and its outputs. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my computer clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Daniliocs

Quote from: NikoB on September 26, 2022, 18:12:16psref:
QuoteUSB-C supports up to 4K@60Hz (4 displays output),  5K@60Hz (3 displays output) or 5K@120Hz (up to 2 displays output)

Memory controller of Zen3+ is bad or again bad tuning in bios. Ram too slow vs Alder Lake.

QuoteKontrast: 2148:1
This is not possible without a glossy screen (and for glossy it then at the limit of the possible). For matte, this is a clear fake(mistake) in the data.

Well, the panel itself is very slow in response. Even surfing on it will be unpleasant at the time of scrolling.

It's good that the exhaust is on the right - you can warm your hands in winter, since 52C, if the exhaust was on the screen, could potentially ruin the panel.

Again, funny 16GB of soldered memory (and that in business class) for almost $1900? Just monstrous greed from Lenovo for 2022. Why not 32-64GB? A 32GB module costs $100-150...

The funny thing is that there is a 4k screen as an option. And where it is needed most in the 16" model - it is not there. How to understand this, Lenovo?

We should compare this version with the same version on Intel with i7 1280p...

Theoretical bandwidth is correct: (3200MHz effective x 64bits x 2 channels)/8bits (per byte) = 51.2GB/s. So 48.6GB/s is about 95% of the maximum memory bandwidth.

rv2900

Quote from: Pascal76 on September 26, 2022, 20:32:12I own this PC.
I like it but the bluetooth does not work (it disappears suddently quite often... you have to reboot)

Same with my X13 Gen3 AMD. Bluetooth dies frequently. already sent to repair center and they said it needs a motherboard replacement. WFT for a new laptop. such a bad experience

Ha Ha Ha

Me 2 on my T14 Gen 3 AMD version.
What make it worse is the the Bluetooth/Wifi module is soldered. I can't replace it with a better one!
Posted on reddit and Lenovo Community. No solution! I am going to return it.

NikoB

Quote from: Daniliocs on September 26, 2022, 21:48:33Theoretical bandwidth is correct: (3200MHz effective x 64bits x 2 channels)/8bits (per byte) = 51.2GB/s. So 48.6GB/s is about 95% of the maximum memory bandwidth.
You write nonsense. In the description of the LPDDR5 6400.

patch

hey guys, saw the issues as well when it comes to the bluetooth. this can be fixed by changing the settings in the control panel for the bluetooth. "enable pc to change settings of this device" -- uncheck this statement.

hope this helps!

nibble

Probably the last Lenovo I'll purchase.  Moving from a T490 which was OK, but had build quality issues, the new T14 G3 AMD runs hot (despite buying the entry level Ryzen 5 CPU), is noisy with a really annoying fan whine and has an objectively a far worse keyboard (smaller keys, less travel and deck flex around the track point).  The only positives I can see are the better aspect ratio screen (which still suffers from significant light bleed on the left edge) and trackpad.

Overall Lenovo have been too focused on keeping their price point fixed in face of inflation and the resulting compromises mean the T series is no longer a quality product.

suiying

Quote from: Daniliocs on September 26, 2022, 21:48:33Theoretical bandwidth is correct: (3200MHz effective x 64bits x 2 channels)/8bits (per byte) = 51.2GB/s. So 48.6GB/s is about 95% of the maximum memory bandwidth.
I don't think this is correct. from this formula (number of memory channels) x (trasfer width) x (data rate)
it should be 4 x 32bit x 6400mt/s = 819.200 gbps = 102.4 GBps
which is the correct number for lpddr5-6400 quad channel (128 bit)

PJ

I have this exact spec laptop, but idle for me is ~6w, never below 4ish for some reason. Tried reinstalling drivers etc. Not too sure what the issue is. Waiting for a replacement and hopefully the issue is resolved.

PJ

What does your laptop idle at? Mines idling at 6-8w with nothing running and im not too sure why. With chrome it takes me up to 10w which is absolutely killing my battery life.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview