News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Legion 7 16IAX7 laptop review: Fast 16-inch gamer with 165 Hz display

Started by Redaktion, September 16, 2022, 14:26:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Lenovo Legion 7 16 offers everything that gamers desire. In addition to the fastest mobile processor from Intel, there is also the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and a fast 165 Hz display. The cooling system also manages to keep the hardware cool, but at 4,499 Euros (~US$ 4,500), the high-end gamer is by no means a bargain.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Legion-7-16IAX7-laptop-review-Fast-16-inch-gamer-with-165-Hz-display.652845.0.html

NikoB

Well, here's a direct comparison of the model from Lenovo, only with the top-end processor from Intel. And what do we see again? MSI Raider GE67 HX 12UGS with 12800HX and PL1 "only" 110W did it all...

The variant from Lenovo is the worst in terms of consumption and the worst in terms of noise with a competitor from MSI on 12900HX and same model on 6900HX . Especially at low load.

And against the background of the AMD version, this is generally a failure, despite the almost 1.5-fold superiority in sustained performance.

Well, no surprises in autonomy (although who needs it in such monsters) a complete rout from the AMD version at low load. And where did the "energy-efficient" cores from Intel go, just when there is essentially nothing powerful cores to do?

Also notice how much slower memory is running on AMD 6800H/6900HX versions, despite the fact that almost the same DDR5 4800 memory is installed. Is it a disgusting bios tuning or a bad memory controller on Zen3+? This worsens AMD's chances of competing with Intel by a few more performance % in favor of Intel...

NikoB

I also want to draw attention to the very unstable quality in the batches of 165Hz panels from Lenovo. The response to G2G in the AMD version is much lower, but the response to B2W is much higher. A complete mess!
Or reviewers have some problems with measuring equipment and unification (normalization) of measurements. Well, there should not be such a monstrous spread of parameters in batches! This is a pure lottery, as and with native contrast!

LL

Thanks for the Blender GPU tests and comparison with others, albeit limited GPU models.

I reinforce that would be better if it would be done with the Official Blender Benchmark,

Juan G

Good morning. I need your help.

On the display section, I notice that there is no link for ICC File (X-Rite i1 Pro 2) for Lenovo Legion 7i Gen 7 inside the box that mentions the details about this laptop's display.

Can you perhaps give me the link to download the ICC File for this laptop?

Thanks

NikoB

Quote from: Juan G on October 29, 2022, 05:28:42Can you perhaps give me the link to download the ICC File for this laptop?
This is a completely pointless request. The ICC profile is unique for each screen panel instance. Or buy a hardware calibrator or use the services of a paid calibrator or rent a calibrator for the day. There is NO other option to get the correct profile corresponding to your instance. Why doesn't the majority of the population understand this?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview