News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus TUF Dash F15 FX517ZR in review: Laptop with Mobile RTX 3070 and acceptable battery life

Started by Redaktion, July 28, 2022, 09:50:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Asus TUF F15 is an upper mid-range QHD gaming laptop with a well-rounded configuration: The Core i7-12650H, the GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop version, 16 GB of RAM, and 1 of TB SSD. The matte QHD display covers the DCI-P3 color space almost completely. The Alder Lake CPU's E-cores can be deactivated.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-TUF-Dash-F15-FX517ZR-in-review-Laptop-with-Mobile-RTX-3070-and-acceptable-battery-life.636848.0.html

NikoB

Finally, in the TUF series in 2022, screens that are normal in color space appeared and, at the same time, even faster than in Legion 5 Pro 2022 in terms of real response. Well, slow dimmer, so what? At home, it doesn't matter at all, 200-300 nits above the roof. And on the street, even 500 nits is not enough, you need at least 700-800.

But for some reason, Asus again ruined the keyboard, which was previously close to the Legion series. Why did they move the arrows and why did they put extra buttons over the numpad? God knows what...

One is fixed, the other is ruined. As if in the development department (or in the marketing department) only villains are sitting and thinking about how else to annoy consumers ...

The 4 key arrow buttons should be large and offset from the main keyboard block so as not to destroy the classic numpad. And everything was fine before. Again, it was only necessary to make the Fx buttons large as in the classics and that's it.

Again, I draw your attention to the fact that the speakers, as usual with Asus, outperform competitors, although they could have been better, but there is still ROG there ... This is a strong point.

HP made an almost perfect case and an almost perfect keyboard layout in Omen 2018, but by 2022 it destroyed all its best ideas. The palm was intercepted by Lenovo and Asus, but Asus again went to the wrong steppe ...

screwnumpad2022

QuoteThe 4 key arrow buttons should be large and offset from the main keyboard block so as not to destroy the classic numpad. And everything was fine before. Again, it was only necessary to make the Fx buttons large as in the classics and that's it.
I strongly disagree. Try Legion keyboard, it requires a significant right hand's move in order to use Ctrl/Shift/Alt + key arrow button combo. Such layout is not suitable for software development. Or anything that requires such combo.

Also, screw numpad. The previous Dash F15 was an unique device. Thin, somehow premium thanks to Intel exclusive 10nm showcase, long battery life, no numpad. Other than plastic Dash F15 was better than G14. And ofc other than scam with 100% sRGB, i7 w/ huge laptop sample provided for every reviewer and ~65% sRGB weak i5 for customer.

NikoB

Quote from: screwnumpad2022 on August 01, 2022, 12:47:39
QuoteThe 4 key arrow buttons should be large and offset from the main keyboard block so as not to destroy the classic numpad. And everything was fine before. Again, it was only necessary to make the Fx buttons large as in the classics and that's it.
I strongly disagree. Try Legion keyboard, it requires a significant right hand's move in order to use Ctrl/Shift/Alt + key arrow button combo. Such layout is not suitable for software development. Or anything that requires such combo.

Also, screw numpad. The previous Dash F15 was an unique device. Thin, somehow premium thanks to Intel exclusive 10nm showcase, long battery life, no numpad. Other than plastic Dash F15 was better than G14. And ofc other than scam with 100% sRGB, i7 w/ huge laptop sample provided for every reviewer and ~65% sRGB weak i5 for customer.
I use the main NumPad for navigation, and these arrows (I just almost never use them) are generally better than the corrupted Insert with the right arrow. This is real debilizm destroying the blind typing of those who are used to switching to full-fledged desktop keyboards all the time. Like me. This is important for business and work. The L5Pro has the best keyboard possible in terms of layout, Thinkpads have the same ones (the tactile part is certainly better). Will you blame the "wrong" keyboard and Thinkpad series?

L5Pro is not a "gaming" series. This is a station wagon, which is most often taken for business and work, this can be seen from the statistics of the forums.

And who needs to play on a "gaming" laptop (which in itself is debilitating, given the wild noise and overheating and rapid destruction of iron) - they take HP Omen, where the keyboard is purely for gaming.

Asus had the best keyboard in the TUF 2021 series, similar to the L5(Pro) series, but for some reason they took it and ruined everything. I have met TUF 2021 many times in offices and store employees, as a working laptop and bought for a reason, for the first time in the history of Asus, a normal full-fledged keyboard close to what Lenovo puts. But now in 2022, Asus' sales as an all-rounder will undoubtedly fall - with such a keyboard. Despite the fact that they finally began to install panels that are acceptable in terms of color space reproduction with a fairly fast response.

Asus is always like this - it will do one thing normally, and ruin the rest. All they needed was to install normal screens in the 2021 model, increasing the assembly reliability and the quality of the fans (they, surprisingly for Asus, had a lot of complaints on the forums).

GC

The Thunderbolt 4 port doesn't support DisplayPort as the article states, only the USB 3.2 Gen 2 port, which also does PD...

GC

I should clarify, the ThunderBolt 4 port does support a display, but only from the integrated intel graphics card, not the nvidia GPU...

spencer

Im having trouble enabling the 4.7 ghz mode on the processor 12650h it says it can go up to 4.7 ghz, but i cannot get it past 3.3 ghz.  I also cannot find any info on the internet to help me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview