News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

XMG Apex 15 Max (Clevo NH57VR) review: Gaming laptop with a desktop CPU

Started by Redaktion, June 23, 2022, 00:25:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Schenker combines a socketed Ryzen 9-5900X CPU with a GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU. This results in a powerful laptop that strikes a good figure in the areas of gaming, video processing, and rendering. However, a long battery life, quiet operation, and low power consumption shouldn't be too important for potential buyers here.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/XMG-Apex-15-Max-Clevo-NH57VR-review-Gaming-laptop-with-a-desktop-CPU.631019.0.html

LL

Accceptable price for the effort. But appaears that with this configuration the hardware is too powerfull for the chassis.

LL

Just noticed that the 3070 is only 115w so not so good, also the screen a bit dim.

NikoB

I do not understand the meaning of such "coffins." I understand what the meaning of the Dell G5 5587 (the "coffin" weighing as 17.3, as well as the dimensions, despite the fact that it is really 15.6 "). It is 100% silent in the office load and with an average load of about 25-30% for all cores. In general, it does not start coolers until the temperature hysteresis reaches the threshold of 72-75C. It almost does not even start coolers (barely sometimes lazily promoting them at minimum speed, if you run the software (!) decoding vp9 on YouTube @ 2560x1440 - try to crank up such a feint with your ears somewhere else ;)).

But this is a "miracle" for whom and why? The processor simply shamefully drains the same in the desktop. The noise is just hellish even in surfing. Made in order to be done and get employees and managers salaries? Like behind us - "We are working!"

Again, for such a coffin in 2022, it is simply shameful to have on board Ethernet below 5-10gbit/s. This is Moveton for the "game" iron and replacement of "desktop".

I'm not talking about the shameful absence of TB3.0/4.0, which easily allow you to replace 3070 even with the future 4090TI in external design with water cooling and a minimum noise (if this coffin itself was quiet at least when the processor was 70-80% of the load !)

coreZair

Quote from: LL on June 23, 2022, 14:12:54Just noticed that the 3070 is only 115w so not so good, also the screen a bit dim.
It looks like there is a meager 3% difference in performance between the 140W TGP in the Neo and the 115W TGP in the Apex. I think it's not too bad for 115W.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview