News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MIUI 13 finally hits the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro, but it's far from perfect

Started by Redaktion, April 10, 2022, 18:49:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After a long wait, Android 12 arrived on the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro in Europe (and other regions, since the update is a global one) as MIUI 13.0.2. The update package has 3.3 GB in size and includes quite a few changes and fixes, but also packs new bugs and compatibility issues (Xiaomi's popular app Poco Launcher is also a victim).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MIUI-13-finally-hits-the-Xiaomi-Mi-10T-Pro-but-it-s-far-from-perfect.613059.0.html

Gmk

Yes, you are right 👍.
I have Xiaomi lite 11 ne 5g.
Miui 13 is stripped down completely.
Download took 30 min and update process completed within 5 min. That's a wonder still.
Final output is still miui 12 with few noticeable changes.

Miui 13 is slower than miui 12 in my personal experience. Home screen shows loading animation every now and then. I f* hate it. Ram management is not good now. Every app reloads.

This is my first mi phone. I don't see any reason for buying the same brand again.

Arjan

Yeah. It saddens me to see how stripped down miui 13 is compared to advertised. However they did fix an issue I had with streaming services on mi 11 since launch. But it also broke dark mode which is rather annoying to not get fixed after 2 months.

But the most humiliating thing I find is that the chancelog said the update contained "new crystallized super wallpapers". Which are simply not there....

Yaz

It bricked my phone on install.  Kept going to the recovery menu on loading.

Only way around it was too erase my data completely!

I lost so much 🤦🏻‍♂️

Darren

I have the redmi 10s in the UK, and I'm still waiting for Android 12 update, I'm still stuck on miui 12.5 android 11, seems like I'll have to wait for ever, this is defo my first and last xioami phone

1. Individual dark mode function will be removed soon. It is stopped on every device
2. The new crystalization wallpapers will be added later and widget's are only for some regions who are allowed to use app vault
3. Maybe opening apps feels slower for some apps because of the android upgrade, anyway benchmarks show better scores (Geekbench especially)
4. After an Android upgrade it's recomanded an factory reset to be everything perfect

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: Gmk on April 11, 2022, 07:18:16
Yes, you are right 👍.
I have Xiaomi lite 11 ne 5g.
Miui 13 is stripped down completely.
Download took 30 min and update process completed within 5 min. That's a wonder still.
Final output is still miui 12 with few noticeable changes.

Miui 13 is slower than miui 12 in my personal experience. Home screen shows loading animation every now and then. I f* hate it. Ram management is not good now. Every app reloads.

This is my first mi phone. I don't see any reason for buying the same brand again.
Can you mention some scenarios where you feel that MIUI 13 is slower than 12? Overall seems fast enough for me, but nothing special. Regarding memory management, you might want to disable the memory extension feature. Why would anyone need virtual RAM on a phone with 8 GB, beats me.
Not trying to lobby for Xiaomi here, but the hardware is superb. You can just put some third party ROM on it and enjoy the ride. I expect at least two or three more years with this phone thanks to this approach. I will surely cover my experiences with custom ROMs once I step onto that path, but for now I choose to keep the official software around.

@Arjan: Unfortunately the wallpapers are only available in some areas... I cannot say anything about streaming services because I am not using any on my phone. :|

@Yaz: It took me to the recovery menu on first boot, I just chose to restart again and it worked. Sorry to hear that you had to lose your data. Losing my excellent single-screen POCO Launcher setup made me a bit angry as well, but it's always good to push forward instead of clinging to the past. The "progress means getting out of your comfort zone" thing sometimes applies to smartphone usage as well. ;)

@Darren: If you are happy with the hardware, try a custom ROM. It might take you completely by surprise. My old Xiaomi Mi A1 is on LineageOS now (Android 10-based 17.1) and I am considering an upgrade to Android 12 on that old phone that came with Android 7 on it. From what I hear, the 12-based ROMs are stable enough, but since that is my daughter's phone now, replacing the OS might require some bargaining...

@......:
1. Why would they remove it? I love Dark Mode, but a few of my apps are not running properly with it applied (some that display QR/bar codes, for example).
2. Unfortunately... we all got the same phone, and now we get entirely different software.
3. Agree with that, there's also the Android 12 core in this equation, so a bug/issue can be Android or MIUI-related.
4. After so many years of smartphones, I'd rather like to get upgrades that don't require factory resets to have everything running smoothly.

@Tykes Cuevas: The non-Pro 10T usually gets the updates at the same time with the Pro. You will surely get the update by the end of this month, no matter where you are.

Ashish

After the update redmi note 10 to latest update MIUI 13 whole system became slow.
Its not working smooth as previous version.
Totally messed with new update wanted to resolve the issue  ir roll back to one older version if 12.5 again.

Codrut Nistor

@Ashish: Well, maybe it messed with some settings. Try a factory reset, if it's that slow.

Thet lin tun

MIUI 12.0.5လို့ချင်လို့.
ဂလိုဘယ်ချိန်းချင်တယ်..

indy

Quote from: ...... on April 11, 2022, 21:25:234. After an Android upgrade it's recomanded an factory reset to be everything perfect

I've never done this, and never had an issue with an Android update with any other phone (Samsung and Pixels are what I use.)

Neenyah

Quote from: indy on December 20, 2023, 20:52:04
Quote from: ...... on April 11, 2022, 21:25:234. After an Android upgrade it's recomanded an factory reset to be everything perfect

I've never done this, and never had an issue with an Android update with any other phone (Samsung and Pixels are what I use.)
Same here (for non-custom ROMs). Although to be fair it's a good recommendation when there are particular issues or problems detected, it can only help despite being a bit too time consuming to set it all back.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview