News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

XMG scraps plans to upgrade the VIA 15 Pro laptops with Ryzen 5000H APUs due to limited supplies

Started by Redaktion, October 28, 2021, 21:35:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Originally, XMG was estimating the release of the VIA 15 Pro with Ryzen 7 5800H could occur in early 2022, but, after a recent reevaluation of the Cezanne supply, this upgrade plan was scrapped. Subsidiary Tuxedo is also scrapping upgrade plans for the Linux-based Pulse 14 / 15 models.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/XMG-scraps-plans-to-upgrade-the-VIA-15-Pro-laptops-with-Ryzen-5000H-APUs-due-to-limited-supplies.575795.0.html

richardnpaul

I was just on the site yesterday. This is not just a loss of the upgrade of the CPU, this was also supposed to fix the HDMI port so that it was 2.0 rather than 1.4.

There's an opportunity there if they want to come back and take it, but the laptop needs some further refinements. Part of the reason for some of the issues is that they would have had to add more layers to the PCB to support DP Alt Mode on the Type-C port, I think that the HDMI 2.0 might have also have been in that boat.  Weight and cost seem to have been factors but I think people would happily pay the difference especially as there would be far fewer downsides in reviews.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview