News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Zenbook 14X OLED: Vibrant display, weak long-term performance

Started by Redaktion, October 26, 2021, 20:02:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The pre-production unit of the Asus Zenbook 14X impressed us with its 3K OLED display. In terms of performance, the Tiger Lake SoC was always on its toes, but it never really got going under sustained load. Could the single fan be overstrained?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-14X-OLED-Vibrant-display-weak-long-term-performance.575312.0.html

David Pinheiro

As someone who plays mostly story-based games and doesn't need more than 90hz, is this display in any gaming laptop?

Robert D

If you want to play anything at 3k-4k resolution at over 90fps, you are going to need an rtx 3070 at a minimum. I believe gigabyte aero laptops have a 4k oled option and they should also have rtx 3070 as well. I would look at those first. 4k 120hz Oled panels aren't readily available on laptops yet, so if you find one, its going to be a late 2021 or 2022 model. I would wait for intel Alder Lake cpu's to become available if you are a die hard intel guy, otherwise I would go with AMD's 5900hx cpu's paired with a high wattage rtx 3070 or better yet 3080. Thats the problem with laptops these days. They all have different power levels available for the same gpu. You can get a 3080 that is limited to only 100 watts, or you can get a 3070 that can pull 140 watts. Obviously, the 3070 at 140 watts will outperform the 3080 at 100 watts. You have to be very careful when choosing a laptop that can play games these days. Just make sure that your mobile, or Max P 3070 or Max P 3080 can utilize its full 140-160 watts. There are also max Q versions of these graphics, and I don't think the Max Q versions can utilize the full wattage the GPU is meant to use for maximum performance.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview