News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker XMG NEO 17 with RTX 3080 in laptop review: Users can unleash the RTX 3080 themselves

Started by Redaktion, September 26, 2021, 15:28:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In some gaming laptops, the RTX 3080 has a TGP of 120 W, in others up to 165 W, which leads to strong performance differences of laptops with the same GPU. With the NEO 17, Schenker puts the reins in the user's hands; the TGP performance of the GPU can be easily set via the Control Center. So, is the NEO 17 the new performance high-flyer?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-NEO-17-with-RTX-3080-in-laptop-review-Users-can-unleash-the-RTX-3080-themselves.564672.0.html

LL

"If you do not want to come across like a goth on your video conferences, you should rely on an external solution and ignore the internal camera."

Haha!

Strange poor results in Cinebench multi.

LL

What could explain that Alienware x17 has 14000 points in Cinebench R23 multi and this one has only 11000 points with same CPU?
It is a huge difference.

alanyu

Quote from: LL on September 27, 2021, 04:49:21
What could explain that Alienware x17 has 14000 points in Cinebench R23 multi and this one has only 11000 points with same CPU?
It is a huge difference.

X17 boosts its CPU to over 100 W during R23, while Neo 17 only has 75 W, thus lower frequency.

LL

Thanks alanyu, seems it is not enough to be attentive to the GPU card TDPs, we also need to look to CPU....   >:(

Artico

Quote from: LL on September 27, 2021, 04:49:21
It is a huge difference.
The CPU power limits. If you adjust the power limits in the control center to match the ones in the Alienware you will get similar results.
I just did a quick test with mine (Not a real benchmark, I just run CB23 without closing any other software that was running at the moment) and I got around 13.5K just by increasing PL2 limit to 100W. I guess this can be further improved if you go up to 120W and also increse PL1 limits

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview