News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP EliteBook 850 G8 Review - Business laptop with a super bright screen and lots of extras

Started by Redaktion, August 14, 2021, 02:30:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The EliteBook 850 G8 is the latest business laptop from HP. It features a SureView screen, metal housing, and a lot of useful features for business users. Read our review to find out whether the 15-inch laptop is worth its price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-EliteBook-850-G8-Review-Business-laptop-with-a-super-bright-screen-and-lots-of-extras.554427.0.html

Doggerson

How would the contrast compare if you set the brightness to 250 nits or something low like that? Would it still be of the order of 3000:1 or much lower?

Dorby

Quote from: Doggerson on August 14, 2021, 05:24:57
How would the contrast compare if you set the brightness to 250 nits or something low like that? Would it still be of the order of 3000:1 or much lower?
Contrast is brightness relative so at 250 nits it would be like 800:1.

But these numbers are nominal, not how human eyes actually perceives contrast in regular environments where other light sources are present.

"Real" perceived contrast at 250 nits would be around 50-100:1, maybe slightly better on a Glossy Anti-Glare display on more premium laptops like XPS or MacBooks.

Also the "nominal" contrast measured by color-calibration equipment is logarithmic, meaning 1500:1 vs 3000:1 is not such a big difference in real life.

Yngmar

HP is _still_ stuck in the tragic 16:9 past that is best left forgotten. That makes their machines completely uninteresting  :o

Yngmar

Many others are. I just bought a Lenovo with a nice, bright 16:10 screen. Dell has an even nicer screen on the recent XPS series. Microsoft Surface has been mostly 3:2 for a while now. The dark ages of 16:9 are slowly fading, although there will be holdouts for a long time because there's warehouses of old panels and panel manufacturers need time to adjust their production.

Nitish

I am having this laptop for work. I noticed that there is a yellow tint in the display colors, "Night Light" is off. I doubt the high color accuracy assessment.

baz

Quote from: Nitish on January 23, 2022, 05:40:43I am having this laptop for work. I noticed that there is a yellow tint in the display colors, "Night Light" is off. I doubt the high color accuracy assessment.
poo in the loo

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview