News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 15 9510 Review: Multimedia Laptop convinces with new OLED Panel

Started by Redaktion, August 10, 2021, 00:46:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell updates its XPS 15 and equips the new 9510 model with Tiger Lake-H processors from Intel as well as new RTX 3050 GPUs from Nvidia. There is also a new option for a 3.5K OLED touchscreen. Is it the best multimedia notebook you can get?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-9510-Review-Multimedia-Laptop-convinces-with-new-OLED-Panel.554277.0.html

kek

This machine should be banned from being sold. What's with that 60Hz PWM?

That's practically having a flashlight thrown at your eyes

J L Olivier

Not sure why anyone would want the XPS with a bad 3050 RTX vs the 16" Inspiron 3K with an RTX 3060 for $1,600

Min Go

Why did you rate this Dell oled 88 poiint(very good), but The Gigabyte Oled 15 just 86 points(good)? The screen PWN is big advantage of Gigabyte oled (240) vs Dell oled(just 60); The other figure such as CPU, heat cooling, GPU ...., and even price showed the big advanage of Gigabyte over Dell!
   I had seen your rating of Dell notebook often too-much bias. Please give your opions in these notebooks over a more fair position!
    I had also seen too much bias of your "best 10..."(notebook series) !

Jesse

"and with the ability to rotate the display to a 180° flat angle, the Prestige Series makes collaboration and sharing ideas with clients easy".

That is really great!   Oh wait, that only applies to Lenovo and MSI Prestige laptops.  Oh well, I guess I'll get one of those instead.

Dret

A bit curious about this PWM. I see nothing but positive feedback on this screen on various forums and YouTube, but reading here: 60hz <99%  immediately sounds like a deal breaker.

I've been reading a bit about it and understand the tech, and that about 10% are sensitive. I don't have any experience myself with PWM screens. But wouldn't this also be an issue with old CRT screens? Also surprised that big companies even iPhones are using this tech if it really is so bad.

It kind of stops me from buying this laptop as I simply don't want to risk anything, but I'm also noticing that most people doesn't seem to care about it and are happy with their purchase.

Really not sure if I should pull the trigger or not as I really want this screen? Second question is if the FHD and 4K suffers from PWM?

Silent Majority

Quote from: kek on August 10, 2021, 05:15:42
This machine should be banned from being sold. What's with that 60Hz PWM?

That's practically having a flashlight thrown at your eyes

Boo hoo, if you're 'sensitive' and can't take it then buy something else.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview