News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware m15 R5 Ryzen Edition Laptop Review - More performance for less money

Started by Redaktion, June 23, 2021, 22:24:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new m15 R5 is Alienware's first laptop with AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU for years. We review the entry-level model with the Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3060, and the fast 165 Hz panel.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-m15-R5-Ryzen-Edition-Laptop-Review-More-performance-for-less-money.547214.0.html

duzenko

Same mistakes over and over again
We can't have a 400 nits screen in 2021 again? Is it too much work to copy a macbook?
Why an expensive GPU? We're all rich and only use laptops for gaming now?
Tiring

Donald Rhoads

I originally ordered an Alienware laptop just a month ago until I found out they soldered the ram to the motherboard and I cancelled my order immediately.  Until they stop doing this I'd avoid them like the plague.

_MT_

Quote from: duzenko on June 23, 2021, 23:28:08
Why an expensive GPU? We're all rich and only use laptops for gaming now?
Tiring
It's a gaming laptop from a brand that made its name with gaming computers.

Cheapinkc

The pics look like it uses the same ssd mounting hardware as the new new G5.  You can use 2280 ssds in both slots but need to order a mount from Amazon for $5 for the empty one and move the mount for  the factory installed ssd to the far position.  It's just a simple metal clip that moves to the center of the laptop after removing the ssd.

potato

Quote from: Donald Rhoads on June 24, 2021, 02:50:28
I originally ordered an Alienware laptop just a month ago until I found out they soldered the ram to the motherboard and I cancelled my order immediately.  Until they stop doing this I'd avoid them like the plague.
You need to update your knowledge, Alienware did solder ram to motherboard on R4 and before, but it's not the case for R5/R6.

JOSE DELLA BOSCA

"you can only use smaller M.2-2242 modules"

this is not true, you can use 2280 modules as well.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview