News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Why does Lenovo sabotage its flagship ThinkPad X1-series?

Started by Redaktion, May 23, 2021, 10:59:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Abdelatif Blumstein

Meh. This article comes way too late.

Lenovo has murdered the Thinkpad brand in 2012. And certainly, no keyboard after the *20 generation has ever been of note.

jackie

i've been a long-term thinkpad (T530, X1 carbon 2016, 17) user. just bought x1 carbon 2021 for work and realized in shock that they changed the keyboard. while i was frantically searching which model has the "old" (i.e. x1 carbon around 2016/17) keyboard, i found this article which says x1 extreme gen 3 is the last one. ordered one and the keyboard is honestly no better. when i'm typing i frequently miss keys - it's just a weird feeling. absoluely devastated - what is lenovo doing? what's the point of buying thinkpads now?

the author also says that this keyboard is still better than most ultrabook keyboards, but i really don't know how much worse it can be than this. it feels like typing on a macbook in my opinion. very shallow travel. moreover, the trackpad has a weird, slippery texture, which makes it hard to use as well. so i disabled it and just use the trackpoint.

anyway, just a heads-up for people who thought x1 extreme is better. no it's not, at least not where i'm from.

DavidinHolland

Quote from: jackie on October 05, 2021, 15:49:42i've been a long-term thinkpad (T530, X1 carbon 2016, 17) user. just bought x1 carbon 2021 for work and realized in shock that they changed the keyboard. while i was frantically searching which model has the "old" (i.e. x1 carbon around 2016/17) keyboard, i found this article which says x1 extreme gen 3 is the last one. ordered one and the keyboard is honestly no better. when i'm typing i frequently miss keys - it's just a weird feeling. absoluely devastated - what is lenovo doing? what's the point of buying thinkpads now?

the author also says that this keyboard is still better than most ultrabook keyboards, but i really don't know how much worse it can be than this. it feels like typing on a macbook in my opinion. very shallow travel. moreover, the trackpad has a weird, slippery texture, which makes it hard to use as well. so i disabled it and just use the trackpoint.

anyway, just a heads-up for people who thought x1 extreme is better. no it's not, at least not where i'm from.

exactly... shocked and devasted is how I feel...  Still suffering daily when I open this laptop. I want my old ThinkPad feeling back

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview