News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G - Almost too good for a Lite smartphone

Started by Redaktion, May 17, 2021, 20:53:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite is a thin and light mid-range smartphone with the new Snapdragon 780G. Despite its lower price, it manages to beat the Xiaomi Mi 11 in some areas.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-of-the-Xiaomi-Mi-11-Lite-5G-Almost-too-good-for-a-Lite-smartphone.539608.0.html

Cyco

I find it impressive that this matches or exceeds most flagships from a few years ago in most ways, while at a much lower price.

smh

Holy crap, only 400 euros, and you still get an almost 900 nit OLED display that's worthy of being an ultra display. I think I might just get a new phone to replace my aging S8

Alessandro Pino

The low-light photos are much worse than the competition, did you use night mode?

AlessandroMlt

Is the display using a true RGB subpixel arrangement? I can't think of any other smartphone with an OLED panel that isn't pentile. I wonder if it is any sharper and/or more susceptible to burn-in.

SIMO77

Quote from: AlessandroMlt on May 20, 2021, 22:56:42
Is the display using a true RGB subpixel arrangement? I can't think of any other smartphone with an OLED panel that isn't pentile. I wonder if it is any sharper and/or more susceptible to burn-in.

This phone comes with 2 different screens depend on factory where display was made. One is Pentile and other one is DELTA RGB (I underline here Delta). Delta RGB lacks clarity and many users on XDA developers complain over not so good display in general, it looks more like 800p LCD at most, text is a bit blurry. Using displays with different pixel arrangement in same phone is weird at least. Users say Pentile is better is terms of sharpness. However, there is no way to find out which one you will get

Chef_Pixel

"In day-to-day use, most users will not be able to notice that the Mi 11 has a slightly faster SoC or a somewhat better screen."  I'm guessing that a professional reviewer would be used to seeing/reviewing the top screens and would certainly know if a screen was substandard or decent.  FYI the Mi 11 is 3200 x 1440 515ppi and the 11 lite 5G is 2400 x 1980 402ppi.

The phone reviewed is the Delta RGB screen that everyone is reporting as defective/substandard, and the reviewer had no negative comments about the display.. 

No disrespect but the folks chatting  on XDA Developers are not professional reviewers or tech professionals.  The information is based solely on personal subjective opinion and changes from one person to the next.

I think I'll just stick to professional reviewers opinions and continue to read/watch multiple reviews in order to get the best information possible. 

My Mi 11 Lite 5G has a gorgeous screen btw, HDR content looks stunning and all the screens/apps look sharp and clear.  Coming from a Mi 6 428ppi IPS panel.

Aleks

There are two different statements in the review:

"The Mi 11 Lite 5G relies on pulse width modulation for brightness control. At 68% brightness and above, the PWM frequency fluctuates between 347 and 368 Hz. At lower brightness levels, the frequency amounts to 90 Hz. At 90 Hz, the amplitude is much smaller, though. The Xiaomi smartphone does not support Direct Current dimming."

"The display backlight flickers at 367.6 Hz (Likely utilizing PWM) Flickering detected at a brightness setting of 68 % and below. There should be no flickering or PWM above this brightness setting."

Which is true?
The second part is the automated text from the plugin, so the paragraph in the review is detailing the information.

vlasd12

I own such a device, unfortunately the heat near 64bit camera bring me some burns on sensor.Now when I take photos a brown spot appear.
Another thing is the hands free mode. When I speak thru speaker , I must repeat myself many times to people to understand me.   

Vipxpert

Quote from: Chef_Pixel on June 26, 2021, 01:30:57"In day-to-day use, most users will not be able to notice that the Mi 11 has a slightly faster SoC or a somewhat better screen."  I'm guessing that a professional reviewer would be used to seeing/reviewing the top screens and would certainly know if a screen was substandard or decent.  FYI the Mi 11 is 3200 x 1440 515ppi and the 11 lite 5G is 2400 x 1980 402ppi.

The phone reviewed is the Delta RGB screen that everyone is reporting as defective/substandard, and the reviewer had no negative comments about the display.. 

No disrespect but the folks chatting  on XDA Developers are not professional reviewers or tech professionals.  The information is based solely on personal subjective opinion and changes from one person to the next.

I think I'll just stick to professional reviewers opinions and continue to read/watch multiple reviews in order to get the best information possible. 

My Mi 11 Lite 5G has a gorgeous screen btw, HDR content looks stunning and all the screens/apps look sharp and clear.  Coming from a Mi 6 428ppi IPS panel.
Yes I agree the screen is awesome. I dislike pentile a lot but I think Xiaomi should have advertised the screen as 800p resolution or something

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview