News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X lags behind 12 Intel Rocket Lake and Comet Lake chips while a Coffee Lake CPU and a mobile processor outbench the Ryzen 9 5950X - UserBenchmark really doesn't like Zen 3

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2021, 11:23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

UserBenchmark's current bench charts make for interesting reading, even considering the site's checkered and much-criticized past. Rocket Lake parts dominate the top of the table, while AMD's Ryzen 9 5900X languishes in 13th position. The multi-core Zen 3 monster Ryzen 9 5950X suffers the ignominy of being outbenched by both the Intel Core i9-9900KS and the i9-11950H.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X-lags-behind-12-Intel-Rocket-Lake-and-Comet-Lake-chips-while-a-Coffee-Lake-CPU-and-a-mobile-processor-outbench-the-Ryzen-9-5950X-UserBenchmark-really-doesn-t-like-Zen-3.539230.0.html

Anonymousgg

The problem is well known. The question is: how should the site known as UserBenchmark be destroyed?

LyntonB

:) will wait for more benches from multiple pro sites. AMD is a freight train with its roadmap though...

Awesomeblackdude

I think the OP above article has plenty much answered his own stupid questions with using UserBenchmark..If I recalled even Jim Adored TV at some point had trash this application it's nothing more than straight up hot garbage! 🔥

xpclient

The geeks know Userbenchmark is not trustworthy but the problem is getting the message across to everyone who does a quick Google search and sees this site as the top results and falls for its fake inaccurate benchmark results.

Aquilam

This is old news.

They've changed their "algorithm" multiple times to further weight single threaded scores above all else.

Userbenchmark is paid by intel.

Passmark is a reliable and unbiased site for CPU rankings.

Wereweeb

You are all paid AMD shills, all know that the most important parameter for CPU performance are single-threaded tasks, like how quickly programs can check for updates, or how well games from 1998 perform.

Compiling? Video editing? Compression? Criptography? What's all that nonsense? I only use my computer to play Fallout 2.

Kevin J

Google always gives cpubenchmark (passmark software) a higher ranking so seems it's not much of an issue.

Even just looking at the main page for userbenchmark is confusing it is all in percentages and right below the 4800h / 5800h amd "intel vs amd value" does look like there is intel money behind it.

peon

That's clever.  AMD FUD disguised as a "joke" headline.  Because the headline is all that matters.  This site is funded by the same wallet as UserBenchmark.

kek

Quote from: Wereweeb on May 12, 2021, 22:17:44
You are all paid AMD shills, all know that the most important parameter for CPU performance are single-threaded tasks, like how quickly programs can check for updates, or how well games from 1998 perform.

Compiling? Video editing? Compression? Criptography? What's all that nonsense? I only use my computer to play Fallout 2.

I know this is a joke, but you actually stated a half true: single threaded tasks are still important for most application nowadays. While multicore has indeed caught up, it introduces several issues when coding a program, so it's still not taking advantage of 8 cores or so.

Compiling Java code, for example, is still single threaded so far for most IDEs.

Mr Anderson

Source is a previously confirmed Intel shill and benchmark used not by reviewers but inexperienced buyers - aka Intel market.

Talon

Has anyone noticed that the Intel system had an RTX 3090 graphics chip while the AMD system had an RTX 3080?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview