News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia Z Ultra could finally be in line for a long overdue large-screen smartphone successor

Started by Redaktion, April 27, 2021, 08:31:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A brief post by a noted leaker has led to speculation that Sony could be actually working on a very belated successor to the Xperia Z Ultra. The large-screen Sony Xperia Z Ultra was released in 2013 and was considerably wider than current slender devices like the Xperia 1 III. The device was praised for its outstanding display.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-Z-Ultra-could-finally-be-in-line-for-a-long-overdue-large-screen-smartphone-successor.535628.0.html

S.Yu

...Weird, to say the least. I'd hope Sony could march on for as long as possible but I don't know if I should support weird product line expansions.

LOL

This could be an indirect admission that 21:9 ('CinemaWide') on phones isn't as popular as what Sony thought it would be.

Long live the 16:9 ratio.

Rasec

Z ultra has a successor. The XZ2 premium, i use it as my daily in work but also as a ping-pong racket on sparetime.

JThom

now I can see the next Z Ultra as being a Sony foldable - if thats what theyve been working on. or it can simply be a new large competitive phone that matches the other flagship phone screen ratios.

but a 21:9 ratio would lend to a possible foldable outer screen sizing.

mi1400

i have dozens of comments on gsmarena over past 5+ years.. don't have time n breath to write here.. this also has proven that despite still respect for them they r the most stubborn n arrogant company.. they could've wiped out apple with just few sequels of (cult following) Xperia Ray, Z Ultra and a Z3 Tablet Compact(sequel with zero bezels for 7+ inch super phones calling it Mobile PS or Vita etc).. but no; they despite rotting under piling losses in count/market-share n sales (of phone division.. think vaio) they r slapping us for past half decades for how dare we tried to show Sony light.. n in this stubbornness it is rebuffing/rebutting these sequels no matter reaching today's pathetic sales state.
their stocks have nothing to do with phones division.. it was ready to be tossed out like vaio..
lastly this z ultra revival after 7 years is too little too late... cuz 1st these rumors r now a norm n popup every year.. now every 6-8 months.. 2ndly pathetic 21:9 form if bestowed upon that new so called z ultra will be joke.. current z ultra's 16:9 is best n this current z ultra's form-factor/chassis does corner to corner 7.4 inches.. ok 7.2 putting front cam.. this classic can render their own z3-tablet-compact relieved.. or other way round.. if 16:9 z ultra sequel has to remain rumour then atleast make upcoming say z4-tablet-compact a zero bezel, sim capable tablet with dedicated earpiece,  3-4 mics array n good cameras (not tablet quality if not flagship.. slightly above midrange will be ok)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview