News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LG Gram 16 16T90P Convertible Review: Lighter Than Most 15.6-inch Laptops

Started by Redaktion, April 05, 2021, 19:59:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

LG is expanding its Gram series this year to include a 16-inch Gram 16 convertible. It might sound bulky on paper, but the laptop is actually much lighter than it looks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-Gram-16-16T90P-Convertible-Review-Lighter-Than-Most-15-6-inch-Laptops.530592.0.html

kek

I'm just going to say that High Density battery is impressive. It's 80wh while being the size of a 38-40 wh normal battery

Bobby

LG could learn a thing or two from dell or apple by using some decent anti-reflective coating (XPS 13 9310 or any recent macbooks)

Veyron

heheboi

They should've increased the size just a bit to make it around 99Wh for even more battery life. Or they could've just increased the size of the speakers for better audio quality. Or they could have increased the size of the motherboard just a tad bit to add SODIMM slots. Or they could have made the cooling system better. There's so much wasted space in there.
Someone might say that "that would increase the weight." That's true for most of the options, but not for the speakers. I would take just a little bit more weight for exponentially better speakers any day of the week.

Mothertrucker19

Eli Shapiro

Am I the only one feeling that Dell inspiron 7000 convertibles are weirdly absent here?

Bobt

Yet another interesting laptop ruined by being limited to 16 GB of memory. What a waste.

marrajon

¿Is there a free slot to upgrade the RAM? In the FCC photo, ¿Maybe under the metal plate beside the nvme disk?

Dave_k

How can you say this has an amazing display when the peak brightness barely reached 300 nits and the contrast ratio is less than 1000:1?

Lars V

"The weak hinges are especially disappointing as they don't give the sense of longevity we would like to have for a $1500 laptop"

Perception is not reality. Focus on actual problems, not your own stereotypes.

Keith Rosenfeld

I contacted LG about using the second, empty M2 SSD slot.  Here is the key part of their response:

"Unfortunately, we do not have a recommended SSD for the unit, but you can try to use the Kingston 2TB M.2 2280, as long as it is meeting the system requirement of the laptop, it will work. But, please be advised, upgrading or replacing the SSD will void the warranty of the unit. "

I asked whether I could send it in for THEM to install.  The answer is no - they don't have much of a tech support or repair operation.

So, if you buy an LG, you are buying a sealed disposable box.  They should stick with washers and dryers.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview