News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Unparalleled Apple Silicon performance: TechTuber calculates 20-core M1Z outscores a 64-core Ryzen Threadripper 3990X while M1P with 128-core iGPU beats a GeForce RTX 3080

Started by Redaktion, March 30, 2021, 09:47:42

Previous topic - Next topic

JudasGoat

Quote from: Gawamatsu on March 30, 2021, 11:14:56
Is it good for mining? Miners should go for it and leave PC gaming alone, for gamers...
Apparently the hash rate on Etherium is 2mhs while using 17 watts. The RX580 does about 30 mhs at 73 watts , so not even good for that. I question how powerful the M1 GPU is with that score.

Johannes S

The average 3990X runs at 4.1GHz when running Geekbench 5.
The average 3970X runs at 4.2GHz when running Geekbench 5.
And you think it is a mainly a thermal issue not a scaling issue? The 3990X jumps up over to nearly 35K points when run with a different scheduler on Linux.

Donny

Too bad probably none of this is true in real world lmao, I know small mobile level cores have made jumps (intel actually makes a good move with it's new mobile) but in real world it's impossible that 15w Trump's a full fledged fucking GPU sorry. Physics literally dictates it's impossible to transfer less power into more power at a certain scale. Efficiency only works up to a certain point, so sure maybe it does more work at a certain small scale level, but clearly it fails at a level of power these weak levels can't match. This is borderline clickbait for fucking apple fanboys hahahahaha. Nobody with brains reads and believes this bllshit at a real world level that almost every human is fucking used to. You can't give me a GPU that kicks a** at 10watts and tell me it's the best when the power level literally dictates it's never gonna size up in the real world.

iCaveDave

Quote from: Donny on March 31, 2021, 06:44:31
Too bad probably none of this is true in real world lmao, I know small mobile level cores have made jumps (intel actually makes a good move with it's new mobile) but in real world it's impossible that 15w Trump's a full fledged fucking GPU sorry. Physics literally dictates it's impossible to transfer less power into more power at a certain scale. Efficiency only works up to a certain point, so sure maybe it does more work at a certain small scale level, but clearly it fails at a level of power these weak levels can't match. This is borderline clickbait for fucking apple fanboys hahahahaha. Nobody with brains reads and believes this bllshit at a real world level that almost every human is fucking used to. You can't give me a GPU that kicks a** at 10watts and tell me it's the best when the power level literally dictates it's never gonna size up in the real world.
At least you don't have to wait long to see how wrong I am. ;) And I did say... this is all speculation. :) Have a great day!

DonZafir

This is probably the dumbest article I have ever read. The fanboism is strong with this "techtuber".

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview