News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GF65 Thin 10UE Laptop Review: GeForce RTX 3060 on a Budget

Started by Redaktion, March 08, 2021, 19:54:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We test one of the most affordable gaming laptops you can find with GeForce RTX 3060 graphics to see what cut corners, if any, owners may have to contend with. Is MSI hiding anything under the cheap price?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GF65-Thin-10UE-Laptop-Review-GeForce-RTX-3060-on-a-Budget.526258.0.html

ZODD

Good thing Best Buy has a i5- 8GB Ram model for $999 which is more what we should expect for the performance.

Grinnie Jax

50% srgb and 30% argb - where do they take such trash panels? Okay, I'm not a graphic designer, but come on..

Thistlewaite Copperbottom

Marginal to no real upgrade from a 2060m refresh 90w+ laptop, 10-12% only really translates to 10 fps at the same settings in games this can be had in numerous ways apart from buying a whole new laptop with new names.  I would look to the tongfang variants for better everything.

LL

Yeah, it seems to be not very wise to have a laptop that might cater to artists being thin version not having a proper screen.

Harold999

Quote from: Grinnie Jax on March 09, 2021, 10:28:56
50% srgb and 30% argb - where do they take such trash panels? Okay, I'm not a graphic designer, but come on..

Couldn't it just be a one-off, a bad panel out of a batch?

Harold

Quote from: Grinnie Jax on March 09, 2021, 10:28:56

It's a mystery to me why MSI took this panel and not a similar priced one from the same company (AUO), which has close to 100% sRGB and also much better response times.
If you buy this as a replacement panel on Ali or Ebay it's even cheaper than the crappy one. MSI must have gotten a special discount on that panel or something.

DFC

does anyone ever try crypto mining using this laptop? eventually using RTX 3060, which means using high end GPU

nintendocreeper

I love this new laptop. It's awesome. I only had 1 issue with it, which was with the graphics/gaming, but I fixed it. It was just that my primary graphics were set to interrogated, I changed it with Ubisoft's help, with an article from Ubisoft sent by my brother.

Siyad

This is a great laptop for the price! Has a good graphics card that can play most games on high and even some on ultra graphics settings. It has excellent ventilation, though it's cooling boost is a bit noisy, it only kicks in when it's actually needed so you won't hear it all the time.(Note there is a setting to have it on all the time so if that's what you want you can do that or set it so it never turns on the cool boost, probably not recommended ) The laptop also boots up really fast, due to the SSD drive it has. Volume is ok, works well enough to use to watch things on from Netflix on or other video streaming places, or even your own. Display it self is pretty crisp too when watching videos so that's a bonus. Laptop is also fairly light for me so I like that too!

Ivaylo

I am really happy with my purchase of this laptop as I have to use it daily for programming and also gaming. Due to the better hardware parts than my own PC the compilators I use to program are running faster than ever and saves me time that I spend waiting prior buying the laptop. I also got even better at the games I enjoy playing and also everything looks way better when the settings are always on ultra.
The only downside is how loud the fans are, which causes problems sometimes.

Seth Davis

If only there's a way for people to download ICC files without have to buy the calibration tool and use it for themselves....

Seth Davis

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview