News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei's dishonesty continues as it argues that people who call HarmonyOS an Android skin have no idea about software, despite admitting that its OS runs on AOSP

Started by Redaktion, March 05, 2021, 15:43:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Smyth

Quote from: MARKHOR on March 06, 2021, 15:45:55
All I would say is that the West wants to be Hypocritical about anything that The Great Dragon does, But the Actual Problem is that the West doesn't and will NEVER APPRECIATE CHINESE ADVANCEMENT IN TECHNOLOGY AND OTHER THING IS THAT THE WESTERN WORLD 🌎 WORLD 🌎 NEVER ACCEPT THAT THE CHINESE DRAGON HAS OVER TAKEN THE WEST OF WHICH THEY WILL ALWAYS BE OF DENIALS

I type in all caps because I angry about Chinese stuff!

Chinese overtaken the west? More like accepted it willingly and claimed AOSP as their own. The whole facade of China's technological rise is built on borrowing from the west, including forced intellectual property transfers through joint ventures, stealing technologies and reverse engineering other people's designs. I actually don't think any of this is totally wrong, because it is cultural to China, but you shouting from the top of the hill while standing on western technology and science makes you sound like an idiot. If it wasn't for open source, this OS wouldn't even exist. So think about that concept, a WESTERN concept of open data, open information and so on. The eastern concept is the complete opposite. Open source was invented in the 80s to 90s by a bunch of non-Chinese people. At least appreciate western ideals like transparency before you shout loudly about China's technological progress. Whatever happened to respecting your elders? In terms of digital technology, your elders are all in the west.

GG

I hope you make a good living by writing hatred junk this, it has no value to the audience though. If raising arguments is your purpose, you've got it, congrat!

Mark Twain

Osx is based on linux. Linux has some commercial distros so i don't see a problem in using an open source code to create something proprietary.

Mai

Quote from: Mark Twain on March 06, 2021, 22:59:16
Osx is based on linux. Linux has some commercial distros so i don't see a problem in using an open source code to create something proprietary.

The problem isn't one of practice, but is one of principle. OSX is derived from BSD but Apple proudly states this so, and makes explicit mentions and tributes to the nix community.

Huawei at best acknowledges their roots "implicitly". That's a huge difference. If you use open source, you have to state so, and for a large company to scrub this as a secondary concern or even as an implicit matter is a huge issue. That's not how open source works and that's destructive to the spirit of open source. It is just dishonest and deceitful.

Cat Dog

Quote from: Mark Twain on March 06, 2021, 22:59:16
OSX isn't Linux derivative, though. That's just as inaccurate as to say Harmony is "based on" Android.

Joseph Yumesawa

Quote from: Valentinez Keiser on March 06, 2021, 05:46:27
I read through like... 3 comments before I was like "Huawei pays people to bash articles that bash them. Fact." Lol

I know nothing of this new OS, but if it's BASE is AOSP... you didn't produce a new OS. It's like saying Fedora and Ubuntu are different (yet, both are a LINUX flavor, if you will)

If I wanted to produce a new OS, it would have to, at it's BASE and CORE, NOT run on DOS, UNIX, or Linux... It would have to be something else entirely. So if I used a Linux kernel, and said NEW OS! Yeah... I'd be full of S#!t! Just another flavor of Linux.

Just a hint: (you need to develop your own code, to create your own new OS!)

NOT based on Java, or C, or anything. Reinvent the wheel before you try to reinvent transportation. Otherwise, you just have another fancy car.

Why are these anonymous trolls like this guy not held accountable? Why aren't their IP addresses public? For all we know it could be one troll behind all these handles. At least force them to use VPNs when posing as different people? Get off your stupid conspiracy theory for heaven's sake.

JZVR

Lol does this author even know how to read?

"By projecting the source code of AOSP (Android Open Source Project) as the base of Hongmeng OS and judging that Huawei has only changed the skin of Android, reveals that people have less understanding of open source software." means if that's your interpretation then it's wrong. Huawei has said repeatedly Harmony OS is different at kernel level and only includes an Android framework for compatibility, meaning the base is different, only the surface layer contains AOSP code (which Huawei is the second largest contributor of).

JZVR

Quote from: Anonym on March 05, 2021, 22:00:21
Quote from: Carbonize on March 05, 2021, 20:30:02
This article is seriously badly written. The author keeps saying EMUI when they actually mean Android.
That's the whole point dude! Why is EMUI officially recognized as Android, by this skinned fork of AOSP is now the greatest best thing that Huawei invented? I mean, it's pretty clear that at this point this brand new OS is nothing more than EMUI AOSP.

Because it's obviously not a fork of Android if it's a microkernel based OS.

JZVR

Quote from: Alejandro Albornoz on March 06, 2021, 04:48:30
The bias of your analysis is very funny, the opinions are valid, they do not matter without arguments or not, the importance is only estimated to the extent of their seriousness and strength of their arguments.  The author committed suicide intellectually.  It is very curious, anyone could think with the same logic that they are being paid to discredit the huawei software, right?  ;D ;D ;D

What other reasons are there for these poorly written and extremely biased articles spreading slander? You'd think writers and editors at these tech sites would know better, at this point it just seems like another paid attack.

Search for "Here's what Android cannot do but HarmonyOS 2.0 can, the power of distributed technology [Video]"

There's a video on the page showing what a microkernel based OS like Harmony OS can do, can the authors list any Android devices that are capable of what's shown in the video?

JZVR

I read through like... 3 comments before I was like "Huawei pays people to bash articles that bash them. Fact." Lol

I know nothing of this new OS, but if it's BASE is AOSP... you didn't produce a new OS. It's like saying Fedora and Ubuntu are different (yet, both are a LINUX flavor, if you will)

If I wanted to produce a new OS, it would have to, at it's BASE and CORE, NOT run on DOS, UNIX, or Linux... It would have to be something else entirely. So if I used a Linux kernel, and said NEW OS! Yeah... I'd be full of S#!t! Just another flavor of Linux.

NOT based on Java, or C, or anything. Reinvent the wheel before you try to reinvent transportation. Otherwise, you just have another fancy car.

Except the base is not AOSP, which is exactly why people are rightfully calling out the BS in these articles, why are you commenting if you don't know anything about the OS?

JZVR

Quote from: Anonym on March 06, 2021, 12:59:51
Nothing like using a fork of the Linux kernel (LiteOS kernel) to justify why a fork of AOSP is a "brand new" OS created from scratch instead of what it really is. No wait, it's the compiler that saves it all! Because we all know this, if you use a different compiler to compile somebody else's code then, all of the sudden, the code magic morphs into something that is yours.

Pathetic.

Except it's not a fork of AOSP if it uses a microkernel compared to AOSP that uses a monolithic kernel, it's quite pathetic people who don't even understand the basics keep on blabbing.

JZVR

Quote from: AndyChow on March 06, 2021, 14:31:26
It's obvious most comments are paid by Huawei. No, HarmonyOS does not have it's own microkernel. They claimed it, analysis shows it's a pure fork of the Android kernel. Once again Huawei show that they are thieves and liars. Not surprising, considering their CFO is in custody.

Show me some Android devices that can do this then?
Search for "Here's what Android cannot do but HarmonyOS 2.0 can, the power of distributed technology [Video]" there's a video on the page. Go ahead, show me even just one Android device that can do this, the ignorance here is hilarious.

JZVR

Quote from: Paul Dodd on March 06, 2021, 15:04:00
Huawei's marketing department wrote the press release without clearing it with the developers. Happens everywhere. Firms (not only Chinese, also but U.S. and European) need to adopt a healthy failure culture and admit mistakes and mis-communication. Perhaps the message should be that it's a brand new OS based on Android.

It's different at kernel level and is not based on Android, which is exactly what they said here, Android is only the surface layer for compatibility.

JZVR

Quote from: S.Yu on March 06, 2021, 20:22:54

Yeah there's less than a handful of real comments here, the rest are anonymous trolls, just like what Huawei attempted at Best Buy back in 2018. Most articles here don't even have a single comment yet when it comes to exposing Huawei suddenly dozens of unregistered comments pop up bashing the author, and none of them is actually interpreting the confusing Huawei statement in the article just repeating the empty claims from the comments in the last article, yeah not suspicious at all.

You do know the quote in the article means the exact opposite of what the author thinks it means? Lol if these poorly written articles are not paid attempts then it's just sad that people who don't know the basics are churning out these misleading, inaccurate headlines one after another.

JZVR

Quote from: Jon Smyth on March 06, 2021, 20:40:59
Quote from: MARKHOR on March 06, 2021, 15:45:55
All I would say is that the West wants to be Hypocritical about anything that The Great Dragon does, But the Actual Problem is that the West doesn't and will NEVER APPRECIATE CHINESE ADVANCEMENT IN TECHNOLOGY AND OTHER THING IS THAT THE WESTERN WORLD 🌎 WORLD 🌎 NEVER ACCEPT THAT THE CHINESE DRAGON HAS OVER TAKEN THE WEST OF WHICH THEY WILL ALWAYS BE OF DENIALS

I type in all caps because I angry about Chinese stuff!

Chinese overtaken the west? More like accepted it willingly and claimed AOSP as their own. The whole facade of China's technological rise is built on borrowing from the west, including forced intellectual property transfers through joint ventures, stealing technologies and reverse engineering other people's designs. I actually don't think any of this is totally wrong, because it is cultural to China, but you shouting from the top of the hill while standing on western technology and science makes you sound like an idiot. If it wasn't for open source, this OS wouldn't even exist. So think about that concept, a WESTERN concept of open data, open information and so on. The eastern concept is the complete opposite. Open source was invented in the 80s to 90s by a bunch of non-Chinese people. At least appreciate western ideals like transparency before you shout loudly about China's technological progress. Whatever happened to respecting your elders? In terms of digital technology, your elders are all in the west.

Does that give them the right to spread lies and claim the base is AOSP when it's not? If Windows can run Android apps using an emulator then are you going to tell me Windows is based on Android too? Remember the digital technology you're talking about, computers were invented using a Chinese invention, paper. Without relying on Chinese inventions the West wouldn't be where it is today, when it comes to inventions the Chinese are your elders. Respect them or not but at least have some basic understanding of the topic at hand and don't spread blatant lies.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview