News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad P15 Gen1 laptop review: Mobile workstation with a weak spot in the keyboard

Started by Redaktion, March 05, 2021, 00:46:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After we tested the ThinkPad T15g with a GeForce GPU, we now take a look at the Lenovo ThinkPad P15 Gen 1 model. The entry-level version of the workstation fares well in terms of the performance, but it shows a surprising weakness in the input devices.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P15-Gen1-laptop-review-Mobile-workstation-with-a-weak-spot-in-the-keyboard.526237.0.html

panzersharkcat

Is there a link to the T15g review? I'm not seeing it when I look for it. Might have overlooked it.

Judging by this, it looks like Gen 2 will be a good upgrade over my P53. Gen 1, not so much. Hopefully Gen 2 has Ryzen options but as long as Tiger Lake H is competitive, I'll be reasonably happy.

xpclient

In all ThinkPads, Lenovo has adopted the ClickPad for the touchpad and kept only the upper buttons. This is a mistake in my opinion. They are copying what Dell and HP and everyone else did with the touchpads but people buy ThinkPads for their superior input devices - that includes superior touchpad and keyboard too - not just the TrackPoint.

Oh well there's nothing we can do about it as every single touchpad of current generation lacks the bottom buttons.

I am looking forward to gen 2 of ThinkPad T15p or ThinkPad P1 Gen 4. I hope with Tiger Lake 10nm, at least one of them will be USB-C chargeable yet remain in the 1.7-2 kg range (or become lighter) and retain the 2 x M.2 slots.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview