News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Compal presents Scroll rollable phone concept and ZeroEdge laptop OLED displays

Started by Redaktion, February 24, 2021, 15:56:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Scroll smartphone concept in inspired by ancient scrolls and comes with a 10-inch display rolled up inside a stylish tube-like leather finish case, while the ZeroEdge design proposes a 14-inch 99% screen-to-body ratio OLED display that wraps around its left and right edges to offer side touch functions like we see on quad-curved smartphone displays.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Compal-presents-Scroll-rollable-phone-concept-and-ZeroEdge-laptop-OLED-displays.524081.0.html

opelit

The ZeroEdge thing is weird tbh. I hope that not so many OEMs will adopt that. It's cool on phones as it allow packing a bigger screen into a smaller body (tho, I do not like it in phones too). But on laptops... it's OK right now. Maybe the Samsung screens with around 93% screen-to-body ratio will be still good.

I would love if they pack better cameras to laptops, these 0.7mpix are funny, even with Infrared feature for Windows Hello.

Better speakers.

Better cooling.

Battery.

Yet, still so many have SATA slot for SSD (WHY!?, so much space wasted), one heat-pipe, cheap down-firing speakers, little touchpad, or funny 45wh batteries (well better to put SATA slot haha).

Eric

The idea of submitting "designs" for awards, when the products not only don't exist yet but perhaps never will, is very strange to me. Wouldn't it be better to limit the competition to real products, not science fiction vapor products?

S.Yu

Brilliant, the screen will crack on the slightest knock because the weight of the laptop will apply 6-8x the force that a smartphone screen would have to endure. The tech for the screen has been there for years, the engineering to make it durable never was, and probably won't be for the next decade. They'll have to turn everything to a flexible polymer with surface hardness comparable to glass to put bezels that thin on a device of that size and weight.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview