News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad E15 Gen 2 Review: Tiger-Lake laptop with an Nvidia GeForce MX450

Started by Redaktion, February 15, 2021, 22:13:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Having recently reviewed the Lenovo ThinkPad E15 Gen 2 with the AMD CPU, we now move on to the ThinkPad E15 Gen 2 with a Tiger Lake processor. Read our review to learn how the Intel chip stacks up against the AMD processor.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-E15-Gen-2-Review-Tiger-Lake-laptop-with-an-Nvidia-GeForce-MX450.520540.0.html

xpclient

Note that to use the Thunderbolt 4 port on E14 and E15 or even any USB-C functionality, a dock, hub or hub monitor is REQUIRED. Because it's the only Type-C port on these laptops and they have no separate DC in power ports. This problem would not have happened if there was 1 more USB-C port as is present on L14/L15. Or Lenovo had a separate power port too besides USB-C charging.

Namer

From my perspective is perfect as you can use it anywhere and when you arrive at home or at work, you just dock it and you can enjoy a bigger enviroment (for example if you have an external monitor used as a dock).

Lenovofails

Lenovo e series laptops are prone to charging failure that bricks the machine. Only fix is motherboard replacement, and levovo is not stepping up. Lenovo should be sued. Save yourself, dont buy lenovo products.

I cannot post links, search lenovo forums for:

Lenovo-E15-Gen-2-not-charging-not-powering-on

Search reddit sysadmin for:

dont_buy_lenovo_e15s_big_warning

SocratesXA

I have one of these. Its a great machine and love it, particularly the keyboard and screen.

Except for a major flaw - the touchpad keeps failing in linux. I have spent months scrolling through forums and trying various fixes, tried several different distros, firmware updates, etc, and nothing has solved it. Two finger scrolling just intermittently dies and then randomly comes back at some later date. Im giving cutting my losses and selling the laptop. Its just taken too much time and is too inconvenient.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview