News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple details the power consumption savings of the M1 in the Mac Mini compared to previous models

Started by Redaktion, January 29, 2021, 17:51:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We already know that the Apple M1 SoC offers substantial performance and battery life improvements compared to Intel-powered MacBooks. However, Apple has shared the rated-power consumption of the M1 in the Mac mini, providing comparisons between the ARM chipset and chipsets back to the PowerPC G4.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-details-the-power-consumption-savings-of-the-M1-in-the-Mac-Mini-compared-to-previous-models.517445.0.html

Rico Mico

I have one and it flies, never hear a sound of the fan and the only minus is not being possible to Dual boot with windows, so that I could play all games. The M1 is *really* powerful but as a lot of games are still for x86 and not written for Metal, the performance would even reach higher levels.

Dood

Quote from: Rico Mico on January 31, 2021, 09:31:54
I have one and it flies, never hear a sound of the fan and the only minus is not being possible to Dual boot with windows, so that I could play all games. The M1 is *really* powerful but as a lot of games are still for x86 and not written for Metal, the performance would even reach higher levels.

Is there any Apple customer that doesn't live in a delusional dream?

Markus

Wow, so you used two different units of power in the same article. That really hurts my eyes!
You realize that 1 W is just ~3.41 BTU/h.
And because basically all of the engergy is converted to heat yes in fact the max heat energy is just 110W *3.41 = 376 BTU/h. 🤦  Half of the table is just repetition.

Ghast

Quote from: Dood on January 31, 2021, 14:48:35
Quote from: Rico Mico on January 31, 2021, 09:31:54

Is there any Apple customer that doesn't live in a delusional dream?

What dream? Metal is a much more modern graphics stack and would definitely result in improved performance (you can see it in iOS games), the main problem is it's lack of cross-platform compatibility.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview